Tell me where to go...

Gary_602z Posted By Gary_602z, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM

1. Gary_602z

Gary_602z
    Minister of Fire

Oct 30, 2009
    Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Okay Hearthers, the Dragon Lady and I are going to Greensboro NC the first part of Nov. to see my Mom and sister. Planning on leaving MI. and spending a good couple of days going down then 3-4 days there and a couple of days back.
    What are the must see's and do's? Planning on taking the backroads within reason, do I have to worry about Banjo music up in the hills?:) As far as stuff in and around Greensboro my sister will have all that planned. Trying to figure if I want to spend the time going to the coast, I think I may need a saltwater fix as it has been a few years for me. Gotta try out a few BBQ places also. Thanks for any input!

Gary
    Sorry title should have said "where to go" (Fixed)

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage
    Minister of Fire

Feb 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Michigan
    If possible, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Shenandoah Nat Park.

3. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Don't know what you're gonna be drivin, but there are some sweet roads a little farther to the West. The Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, & the Great Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park...

4. Gary_602z

Gary_602z
    Minister of Fire

Oct 30, 2009
    Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Thanks Dennis

Gary

5. Gary_602z

Gary_602z
    Minister of Fire

Oct 30, 2009
    Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Thanks Daksy!
    We don't really have a set route and with 2 days we don't mind taking a longer way to see scenery! Did I mention it is for our anniversary also? Don't ask me how long (somewhere around 32-33? )

Gary

DAKSY likes this.
  6. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel
    Minister of Fire

Jan 31, 2010
    Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Nothing to see here. Move along.

milleo likes this.
  7. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Minister of Fire

Dec 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    It's a little out of the way, but I just got back from Nashville and it was great. I'm not a big country music fan, but there is some great performers down there. If you like good music and some drinks it's the place to be. They also have a full scale replica of the Parthenon.

8. homebrewz

homebrewz
    Minister of Fire

Nov 29, 2005
    Loc:
    East Central, NY
    If the weather is rainy, you could visit some of the show caves in VA. Endless Caverns was good. I haven't been to Luray, but I understand its a bit more commercialized.

9. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones
    Minister of Fire

May 20, 2008
    Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
  10. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Forgot to mention the museum in Maggie Valley, Wheels Through Time...

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Every motorcycle (300+) will start right up after a couple of kicks. There are lots of bikes from the early 1900s right thru to today's models. Some really sweet old US Army bikes & trikes & some very nice displays, including an old garage with a dirt floor & that familiar grease monkey smell...

11. Delta-T

Delta-T
    Minister of Fire

Feb 27, 2008
    Loc:
    NH
    If your path leads you towards PA you could check out ye ole Harley Davidson Plant (they do tours) and to Railroad type things (somewhat popular in PA from what I gather). You could drive by the Cincinnatti Airport..... in Kentucky. Really not that much else between you and there ;).