Tell me where to go...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_602z

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2009
Lake Odessa,MI
Okay Hearthers, the Dragon Lady and I are going to Greensboro NC the first part of Nov. to see my Mom and sister. Planning on leaving MI. and spending a good couple of days going down then 3-4 days there and a couple of days back.
What are the must see's and do's? Planning on taking the backroads within reason, do I have to worry about Banjo music up in the hills?:) As far as stuff in and around Greensboro my sister will have all that planned. Trying to figure if I want to spend the time going to the coast, I think I may need a saltwater fix as it has been a few years for me. Gotta try out a few BBQ places also. Thanks for any input!

Gary
Sorry title should have said "where to go" (Fixed)

If possible, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Shenandoah Nat Park.

Thanks Daksy!
We don't really have a set route and with 2 days we don't mind taking a longer way to see scenery! Did I mention it is for our anniversary also? Don't ask me how long (somewhere around 32-33? )

Gary

Reactions: DAKSY
It's a little out of the way, but I just got back from Nashville and it was great. I'm not a big country music fan, but there is some great performers down there. If you like good music and some drinks it's the place to be. They also have a full scale replica of the Parthenon.

If the weather is rainy, you could visit some of the show caves in VA. Endless Caverns was good. I haven't been to Luray, but I understand its a bit more commercialized.

Forgot to mention the museum in Maggie Valley, Wheels Through Time...

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Every motorcycle (300+) will start right up after a couple of kicks. There are lots of bikes from the early 1900s right thru to today's models. Some really sweet old US Army bikes & trikes & some very nice displays, including an old garage with a dirt floor & that familiar grease monkey smell...

If your path leads you towards PA you could check out ye ole Harley Davidson Plant (they do tours) and to Railroad type things (somewhat popular in PA from what I gather). You could drive by the Cincinnatti Airport..... in Kentucky. Really not that much else between you and there ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.