1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tell me where to go...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Gary_602z, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Okay Hearthers, the Dragon Lady and I are going to Greensboro NC the first part of Nov. to see my Mom and sister. Planning on leaving MI. and spending a good couple of days going down then 3-4 days there and a couple of days back.
    What are the must see's and do's? Planning on taking the backroads within reason, do I have to worry about Banjo music up in the hills?:) As far as stuff in and around Greensboro my sister will have all that planned. Trying to figure if I want to spend the time going to the coast, I think I may need a saltwater fix as it has been a few years for me. Gotta try out a few BBQ places also. Thanks for any input!

Gary
    Sorry title should have said "where to go" (Fixed)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    If possible, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Shenandoah Nat Park.
  3. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Don't know what you're gonna be drivin, but there are some sweet roads a little farther to the West. The Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, & the Great Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park...
  4. Gary_602z

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Thanks Dennis

Gary
  5. Gary_602z

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Thanks Daksy!
    We don't really have a set route and with 2 days we don't mind taking a longer way to see scenery! Did I mention it is for our anniversary also? Don't ask me how long (somewhere around 32-33? )

Gary
    DAKSY likes this.
  6. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    milleo likes this.
  7. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    It's a little out of the way, but I just got back from Nashville and it was great. I'm not a big country music fan, but there is some great performers down there. If you like good music and some drinks it's the place to be. They also have a full scale replica of the Parthenon.
  8. homebrewz

homebrewz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East Central, NY
    If the weather is rainy, you could visit some of the show caves in VA. Endless Caverns was good. I haven't been to Luray, but I understand its a bit more commercialized.
  9. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
  10. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Forgot to mention the museum in Maggie Valley, Wheels Through Time...

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Every motorcycle (300+) will start right up after a couple of kicks. There are lots of bikes from the early 1900s right thru to today's models. Some really sweet old US Army bikes & trikes & some very nice displays, including an old garage with a dirt floor & that familiar grease monkey smell...
  11. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    If your path leads you towards PA you could check out ye ole Harley Davidson Plant (they do tours) and to Railroad type things (somewhat popular in PA from what I gather). You could drive by the Cincinnatti Airport..... in Kentucky. Really not that much else between you and there ;).