Tell tale signs that you need to light the stove/insert!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbavh

Feeling the Heat
Oct 22, 2008
NJ Piney
I was making breakfast when I turned to check on my 1.5yo...
So what are your signs?

Attachments

• DSC01350.jpg
    DSC01350.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 299
Awww - bundling up, that is for sure!

I wish I had a camera handy when the wife woke up the other day...wearing her thermal workout pants, sweatshirt with hoodie and big fuzzy slippers - she looked ready for a polar expedition. I'm like - "It's 45º outside and almost 68º in here" She says "I know, but I'm still cold!...when will the hearth be done so we can put the insert back in?

I could only answer..."hopefully soon...very soon" The new heat pump is filling the gap while the insert is out for fireplace remodeling, but it's not even 'cold' outside and we're both missing the heat!

My wife needs an internal glow plug that can warm her up every time she complains about it being cold in the house when it's 65 out and I'm outside in my shorts doing yard work

"Tell tale signs that you need to light the stove"

When the other half is huddled around a light bulb.

When the refrigerator has not run in the last 24 hours.

When the remaining ice from my martini sits in the sink drain till the next morning.

when the ole lady says that is it and gets up and lights the beast, after have the kids fill the indoor wood rack the week prior.
I guess I am kinda slow to her hints, oh well at least she will tend the fire.

Jags that sounds like my house before I switched from oil last year. I lit a fire last night, just so that I wouldn't be tempted to stay in bed when the alarm went off.

for me its a few days of the gas fired furnace running, time to fire up!! Last night was it, 38 outside, wife had furnace on 70, enough of that and fired up the Lopi. Just called her, she has the house at 77 now and burning what we dropped on our land then split hauled home and carried to the deck.

crazy_dan said:
when the ole lady says that is it and gets up and lights the beast

that is the tell tale sign you are at least 5 minutes late

Status
Not open for further replies.