Tell Your Dishwasher I Don't Want My Credit Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
What ever happened to ice chests?

Good grief. I don't want my appliances knowing my banking information or social insurance number!!!

What is this world coming to...soon they'll hack watches!

A

Last edited:
Too bad there is no way of reversing those attacks so that the hackers computer BLOWS UP:p!!!:p!!!
Probably some way to wipe the hackers drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have absolutely no desire for my thermostat to be following me around the house, or for more to fail with appliances. But letting my wife know the age of science projects in the back third of the refer might be handy.

Too bad there is no way of reversing those attacks so that the hackers computer BLOWS UP:p!!!:p!!!

Should be entirely possible and probably has been done once the source has been traced. Though sometimes it's helpful to let the perp continue to think they are operating incognito.

I kinda miss the days when I was smarter than my phone, my car, my refrigerator, etc. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Swedishchef
I have absolutely no desire for my thermostat to be following me around the house, or for more to fail with appliances. But letting my wife know the age of science projects in the back third of the refer might be handy.

I've succumbed to bad mayo a couple of times......

;sick

You know you might be on to something there. Just think, make a piece of information or file that a hacker might want to steal and store it on your computer, only it is a virus. The ultimate Trojan horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.