Temp Gauge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah...it's country of origin may have something to do with it. More likely, it got water in it. I've had a couple corrode a bit on the inside due to moisture. My Michigan Made Miljico is a superior gauge but I only have one on my system compared to 7 or 8 of the cheapo units...

Hah...it's country of origin may have something to do with it. More likely, it got water in it. I've had a couple corrode a bit on the inside due to moisture. My Michigan Made Miljico is a superior gauge but I only have one on my system compared to 7 or 8 of the cheapo units...

You mean Miljico junk! LOL 4 years on one and it leaked all over the place. Then my new replacement stuck at 30 psi before it had 5 psi on the system.

You mean Miljico junk! LOL 4 years on one and it leaked all over the place. Then my new replacement stuck at 30 psi before it had 5 psi on the system.

You're kidding? Dang it. I'm on my original that came with my boiler. It looks/feels 10 times higher quality than the other units I've bought. I won't disagree with your assessment though. I've only ever had one!

You're kidding? Dang it. I'm on my original that came with my boiler. It looks/feels 10 times higher quality than the other units I've bought. I won't disagree with your assessment though. I've only ever had one!

LOL I do still have 1 from my install in service near my tanks that still works fine but the next one will be different.

I've actually had good luck with the Watts temp/pressure gauges. For 20bucks they seem to work well, and jive with other temp readings in the system, plus they come with a 1/2x3/8 isolation bushing for quick waterless replacement if need be.....haven't had to yet though.

TS

I've actually had good luck with the Watts temp/pressure gauges. For 20bucks they seem to work well, and jive with other temp readings in the system, plus they come with a 1/2x3/8 isolation bushing for quick waterless replacement if need be.....haven't had to yet though.

TS
I've also have 3 Watts like these that I can't complain about. The newest one has a more appropriate scale on the pressure measurement (0-40psi I think).

TS

TS can you provide a link to the one you have? Also how do they read pressure with a bushing?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_83603-18701-DPTG3-3_0__?productId=3309258

This is a Lowes link, but my supplier carries the same one. The bushing has a spring loaded valve that opent when the gauge is inserted, so if you have to remove the gauge it closes off the water............ Seems to work well, and is responsive to rapid temp changes ie. opening zone valve. It does have a high pressure scale going up to 75 psi (although the link says 50), it does good resolution for a boiler aplication though. I think the higher pressure scale allows less bourden tube movement within the gauge and thus it lasts longer.
TS

http://www.lowes.com/pd_83603-18701-DPTG3-3_0__?productId=3309258

This is a Lowes link, but my supplier carries the same one. The bushing has a spring loaded valve that opent when the gauge is inserted, so if you have to remove the gauge it closes off the water............ Seems to work well, and is responsive to rapid temp changes ie. opening zone valve. It does have a high pressure scale going up to 75 psi (although the link says 50), it does good resolution for a boiler aplication though. I think the higher pressure scale allows less bourden tube movement within the gauge and thus it lasts longer.
TS
Thank you

I have several of these installed in my lines, both near the boiler for in-line supply temperatures and in the supply and return of my zones. These are the ones on page F4 which friction fit into a short well installed in a one inch tee that can be pulled out and replaced if necessary but they appear to be reliable. No problems yet. Don't know where they're made. I think I have about nine of them.
http://www.pascospecialty.com/catalog/PASCO_CATALOG_F.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.