Temp going up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbunzx

Feb 25, 2010
Forreston IL
Its been 5 to 25 below 0 around here and today it's going to be be 25 and 37 buy sunday. Get to shorts out its summer,and I can stop burning the oak and go back to the walnut. Does anyone else have a choice they go to when the temp goes up?

xbunzx said:
Its been 5 to 25 below 0 around here and today it's going to be be 25 and 37 buy sunday. Get to shorts out its summer,and I can stop burning the oak and go back to the walnut. Does anyone else have a choice they go to when the temp goes up?

I move to punks and chunks and uglies.

Our choice when the outdoor temperature goes up is to choose to not put as much wood in the stove. I'm anxious to see some of that warmer weather.

xbunzx said:
I can stop burning the oak and go back to the walnut. Does anyone else have a choice they go to when the temp goes up?
No Oak here, just the Ash. My choice when the temp goes up is to burn natural gas.

Starting Sunday, they are calling for plus temps here all week.

I search for red maple, white birch, and cherry in my pile - I'm mostly burning ash this year, but enough of the others mixed in to get loads during temps in the upper 20's / low 30's. Cheers!

While I will miss the joy of a warming fire in the evening, I am really looking forward to getting started on the garden. Early days: Greens (kale, mustard, tatsoi, lettuce, spinach, peas) and eventually ----- Home Grown Tomatoes!

bboulier said:
While I will miss the joy of a warming fire in the evening, I am really looking forward to getting started on the garden. Early days: Greens (kale, mustard, tatsoi, lettuce, spinach, peas) and eventually ----- Home Grown Tomatoes!

Yes, I'm even looking forward to mowing. Cheers!

Battenkiller said:
NH_Wood said:
Yes, I'm even looking forward to mowing.

Yeah, me too! Now that's a sign of a bad winter for sure. I usually hate mowing.

Not my favorite either BK, but this snow has got to go - enough already! Cheers!

I think it's time Craig put back the old picture in the banner.

forum_logo.png

xbunzx said:

Random thoughts . . .

Warmer temps = not as many fires, firebox not fully loaded and I burn the chunks, punks and uglies that I have been stockpiling . . . along with some of the softwood I have in the woodshed.

Get out the shorts . . . heck . . . I've been wearing shorts all along . . . too warm in the house to wear long pants when the woodstove is running and my wife hates it when I go down to the mailbox to get the mail wearing nothing but my boxer shorts (even though I tell her that from a distance the neighbors will think they are shorts.) :) ;)

xbunzx said:

When it is cold we burn Cherry during the day then Sugar Maple or Beech at night then when it warms up we just burn Cherry.

Zap

bboulier said:
While I will miss the joy of a warming fire in the evening...
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. It ain't over 'till it's over. I'm still making evening fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.