Temp on double wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nohens

Jan 23, 2014
indiana
My jotul Oslo is attached to double wall uninsulated to the 8' ceiling the. insulated out the top. My question is what should the flu temp be? I know ....I have a flu thermometer on it and it will be low. I also have a stove top thermometer as well. Do any of you smart guys at math have a conversion? Let's say my stove top says 500. What should the flu temp be with uninsulated double wall?

Well right now on my sirocco its 500F stove top, 160F 20 inches up on the dbl wall stove pipe. Not sure on the internal temps.......

You need a probe thermometer to answer this question. Double-wall surface temps totally vary with the temp of the inner flue gases and the distance from the stove top. Most probe temps run about the same or 100-15 lower than the stove top, but that is not a hard and fast rule. It depends on the stove and how it's being run.

Status
Not open for further replies.