temp probe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
Hi,
Newbie, so I hope this is clear...to get a more accurate reading of the temperature in the room where the Harman P68 is located, should I put the temperature probe in a different location? It is behind the stove right now. ps, the wire is about 3 feet long.

The temp probe wire should be placed in a location where you think it would serve you best to read the tempature. I striightened mine out (closer to 6' with my Advance) away from the stove. If you plan to run the stove in "Room Temp" mode but don't want to see the probe cable, it is ok to coil the cable behind the stove, but that is where it will read the tempature from. Since I don't plan to spend my time behind the stove, I wanted my tempature to be read furthest away from the stove which will more accurately represent the room's tempature.

I believe you can extend the cable up to 15' with the proper thermostat wire.

codebum said:
Since I don't plan to spend my time behind the stove, I wanted my tempature to be read furthest away from the stove which will more accurately represent the room's tempature.

I believe you can extend the cable up to 15' with the proper thermostat wire.

It's so cozy behind there though.

Attachments

• 101_0062 [800x600].JPG
    101_0062 [800x600].JPG
    16 KB · Views: 282
Ran mine about 15" away along the floor molding then up behind the China closet

Status
Not open for further replies.