Temp Wood II manual and some weird happenings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jclout

Oct 15, 2007
Southbridge, Massachusetts
:-S Hello brothers, does anyone out there own a Tempwood II wood stove? I purchased a used one not to long ago and fired it up just last week. A couple of weird things happened, The first night I cut the draft way down, just a couple of sliver openings. I woke in the night to the smell of smoke, I thought. When I checked it out there was a large puddle of liquid creosote on the cement floor that had leaked out of the stove pipe, (maybe mixed with some water ??? Why else so liquidy?). I don't think that the wood was that wet and the chimney was certainly clean, did it myself. Tried it again the next night with different wood and more draft,-noo problem. Another thing that happened was that when I checked it in the night, I opened the key damper and both vents quickly and all the way, within 5 seconds the gasses ignited and it sounded like a firecracker went off in the stove, wont do that again!. I could use some thoughts on these things and if anyone has a manual I would be willing to pay for a copy,(The manufacturer is out of business). I could use some tutoring on the A,B,C's of properly burning wood, been burning since 2000 but since joining Hearth.com I see that there's more to it than meets the eye.
Thanks!

http://mb-soft.com/juca/print/firewood.html

Check this page out, it will help you understand the basics of wood and attributes of cutting and seasoning. Remember these are the basics and eventually you will make slight adjustments to your own liking. In so far as the wood stove, no I idea about the manufacturer, but from what I am reading, really green wood, really, really, green wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.