TEMPer1 temperature sensors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
Is anyone running any different sotware other than the temper1w v 1.0.4 that came with the TEMPer1 temperature sensors?
I've found Linux software, but not much that will work xp.

hmm..I would like to know more about these where to you get these sensors?

I too would be interested in any suggestions on this question.

Although I still have a couple of uses for the TEMPer1 sensors I first bought, I've shifted to the 1-wire adapter from the same supplier and have bought DS18b20 sensors from several suppliers. The software for the TEMPer1 looks nearly the same as for the 1-wire. Both generate *.csv files, and there is other software available that can read and manage *.csv files. You might want to look in that direction, particularly software for weather stations.

I have a separate graphing program which the manual says can read real time *.csv files, like TEMPer1 (and 1-wire) generates, although I have not used it for that.

Right now with the 1-wire I log 13 sensors, the included software shows a real time graph of any mix of the sensors being logged, and I then take the *.csv file and read it into a separate database program which can output a *.csv file of whatever portion of the data I want, as well as do lots of other things with the data. The separate graphing program also will do a graph from the new output file, and if I print the graph to a pdf file, Adobe Acrobat will add notes, comments, lines, and other features to the graph to make it more informative. A lot of effort to get what I really want in the end, but very useful.

The obvious problem with any pre-packaged program is that it will only do the things built into the program. For a person who wants to try different things, this really frustrates the possible outcomes. On the other hand, if a person learns programming, or has a "programmable" program with scripts, then the options expand considerably, and a custom application which is very useful can be the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.