temperature sensor display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emesine

Apr 24, 2009
Indiana
I need to plumb a temperature sensor in a 3/4 inch brass NPT pipe. Any ideas on a specific item? I am thinking simple, mechanical, cheap, etc.

Andrew

Here is a real simple temp gauge I recently put together. I used a kitchen meat thermometer in a 3/16 brass compression fitting.
I used a piece of 3/16 OD brass tubing ( available from most hobby shops) as a reducing bushing.
I applied some Loctite retaining compound to seal it well.
I have one like this on the output of my PEX heat exchanger, it works fine. The only down side is you have to be close to read it as the scale is a bit small.

Attachments

• Picture 199.jpg
    Picture 199.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 278
Search Ebay for "bimetal thermometer". It's almost embarrassing how cheap high quality industrial thermometers and thermowells (a separate search) can go for if you're patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.