Temperature ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

logman742

Dec 7, 2013
Oklahoma
From a cold stove start up about how long should it take to bring your stovetop temp up above the 400 degree range?

The time this takes can vary greatly depending on stove and wood quality/species.

All that being said using 20% oak in a NC30 it takes me about 20 minutes from lighting the kindling to 400 degrees in a cold stove.

Reactions: tarzan
Okay thanks, that's about where I'm at with mine.

Depends on wood, stove, fire starting technique, etc.

For me . . . anywhere between 20 minutes to 45 minutes. Sometimes longer, rarely any shorter than that . . . reloads (even after an overnight fire) are so much quicker (one advantage of shifting over from the occasional fire to burning 24/7 . .. which should happen soon in my case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.