Temporarily remove stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your insert is installed like mine, I DOUBT IT.

Mine has exhause tubing attached to the combustion blower. There is a chimney cap on top of the chimney. If I were to do what you asked I don’t know what a fire would to do my exhause tubing and I don’t know what the smoke would do when it hit the chimney cap.

You’re not going to get any meaningful heat from your fireplace anyway. Go buy a 1000 watt generator and hook up the insertto that. Works for me.

Good luck

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be possible.

I ended up getting a kerosene heater. Pretty impressive though. It heats my ground floor almost as well as the stove, and is completely silent.

djcg said:
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be possible.

I ended up getting a kerosene heater. Pretty impressive though. It heats my ground floor almost as well as the stove, and is completely silent.

A kerosene heater and 10 gallons of kerosene is the best $200 you can spend for emergency heat. Portable and powerful. Sealed kerosene will keep for years and it's not volatile like gasoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.