temporary fix for breckwell p2000 stove auger/control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
ok, my control board burnt out again for the 2nd time in 1 year, the auger does not get power to it but i found that if i jump the power circuit to the igniter circuit, the auger will spin when it is supposed to & not when it is not(the green feed light lites up.) only problem is, when the system stops calling for the igniter to burn, the auger stops spinning. my question is, can i do anything temporary to get this auger to spin without spending 400 for a new control board.
i am out of work & really strapped right now.
i am thinking about maybe a dimmer switch to slow the rate at which the auger motor spins. although it will spin all the time, it will spin slower, therefore i can adjust the rate of pellet drop manually.
the other idea was to find a timer which i can set for 10.20, 30 seconds on & so many seconds off(that may be a little harder to find)

A dimmer switch probably won't work on your motor. You could do a search to find the relay you're looking for.

i found a guy in Ny who repaired my circuit board, changed out 4 triacs & 2 cpacitors, the unit works great, 1 day turn around time, his email is [email protected]
his # is 303-912-5066

he is a great guy. under 100 bucks to repair. WELL WORTH IT,
now i wish i hadn't thrown away the last 2 that crapped out.

That's a new name for repairs ... How did you find him? Surprised you threw the others out...

Have you figured out why they are dying? Motor causing stress on board components? Any way to trace it back to motor components of the stove?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.