Temps..are we talking with blower on or off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Merry Christmas all,
Just wondering from the thousands of posts I have read what most people mean when they are talking temps with their stoves. With my Avalon there is about a 150-200F difference with blower on in temps than with blower off. So for me, 400-450F is cruising nicely with blower on for a long overnight burn. Right now since the temps are about 40 here, I am cruising with 3 small splits and getting around 500-550F with blower off. I am sure with most inserts that blower is going to be on but for freestanding there might be many with blower off (or did not even buy a blower)

So what say you most of the time with temperature reading? T :) emps with blower on or off.

Any temps I post are always with the blower off.

As I never turn mine off, mine are always with the blower on.
If it ever does cool enough that the blower kicks off I am there in two seconds to reload. I can even hear it in my sleep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.