Temps break, back to splitting after work!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Much cooler temps expected here for the next week! Have about 12 huge rounds of black locust and about 40 misc rounds to split still before I go get more. Might start gathering pallets and start working on my kindling supply tomorrow morning. Nothing like the unique sound of a circular saw at around 8am to serve as alarm clock for my neighbors. Haha

It felt nice here this morning. 62 is the low for tonight. Still better get it done early.

I awoke to the sound of a chainsaw yesterday morning around 8 (I slept in). Guys been working on his firewood for a couple weeks now.

Just in time for this fall.:confused:

Reactions: Realstone
Another day in the 70s here.
Think I'll water the garden & watch the it grow.
To hot to split wood or get wood that needs split :)

90 yesterday,didnt do nothin'.79 right now just perfect today.Replaced belt on tractor,little mowing & picked up cart load of dead White Oak limbs that I cut last week.90 tommorow,98-100 on Wed. & Thurs. w/ 115 heat index.After I get home from work I'll head straight inside to the AC.Hopefully it cools back down for the weekend.

I was gone for almost 3 weeks and what a joy to come home to cool temperatures. Sadly, that is going away now. 90's forecast for a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.