temps outside finally dropped too lowe for the stove alone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My furnace is natural gas and it kicks in a few times when the temps drop into the single digits outside too.. But that isnt bad because the natural gas rate here is very reasonable.

I have the OAK and wouldn't have in any other way. Why use warm air inside to burn and push outside...

note that the inside air will come in to the heat exchanger from underneath thogh so that is also som of your "Draft"

My Fahrenheit furnace hasn't had any issues coping with subzero temps, but it was sure interesting to see my OAK aluminum intake duct frosted inside my basement when the temp had dropped to -11°F by 8AM this morning! No wonder they tell you to keep those things away from water pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.