Temps way below normal!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Today Tomorrow Sun Mon Tue 6-10 Day
Partly Cloudy Snow Showers Partly Cloudy Cloudy Rain/Snow Showers Extended Forecast
High: 21° today (made it to 18 ) low last night 9
Low: 17° High: 30° sat.
Low: 18° High: 26° sun.
Low: 20° High: 31° mon.
Low: 28° High: 35° tue.
Low: 27°
Using alot more wood than last year (Well over two cords so far)Any one elses temp below normal?
my area normal ave for now is 44 degrees havent been close for a long time!!!!!! winter starts on dec. 21st WOW

Cold just came through last night- 22ºF low and up to 30ºF today.

I love fire season, but the (outdoor working) husband isn't so enthusiastic.
I do have soup ready, though :)

smokin a j- we're going to have similar temps this week. Hope it warms up for kiln loading Friday- imagine sitting cramped up in an enclosed space, sticking wads of wet clay on pots with bare hands for about 16 hours. I don't care what you're wearing- it sux when it's 32 and raw/slushy outside. (but then we have a super big hot fire for 24 hours or so)

Toni- My DW and I are real dog lovers, so I really liked your website. What incredibly huge goofy dogs those are! They're just amazing.

Adios Pantalones said:
smokin a j- we're going to have similar temps this week. Hope it warms up for kiln loading Friday- imagine sitting cramped up in an enclosed space, sticking wads of wet clay on pots with bare hands for about 16 hours. I don't care what you're wearing- it sux when it's 32 and raw/slushy outside.
This is the coldest nov.-dec. i can rember and forget about that 32 you will be lucky to see 22

Well, I hate to smile %-P but here in northern NY , we have had it fairly mild. Sure we had a week when it was really cold, but it hasn't been all that bad yet. I have used less wood than normal, SO FAR. I know the other shoe is getting ready too drop. As a matter of fact, it is going to drop this weekend.

The squirrel tails were right!

Edit: Thick, long and full like my winter beard!

Woke up to 2F this morning. Thats not a typo......2F(n) degrees. Its too early to be this cold.

I WANT MY GLOBAL WARMING AND I WANT IT NOW!

22 here now. Has been colder than normal and more snow than normal, 84" so far.
Wife called from Vegas this morning and said it was "colder than the granite balls of Lincolns Memorial" there this morning. It had been quite mild there recently she said. Sounds like the whole country might be headed for colder temps.

LEES WOOD-CO said:
"colder than the granite balls of Lincolns Memorial"

And those are quite a bit south of me.

Jags said:
Woke up to 2F this morning. Thats not a typo......2F(n) degrees. Its too early to be this cold.

I WANT MY GLOBAL WARMING AND I WANT IT NOW!
just behind you at 9 degrees!!!!!!!!! "" I WANT MY GLOBAL WARMING AND I WANT IT NOW!""

Global warming comprises some erratic extremes of temperature, moisture and wind!

With the average YTD temperatures trending upward.

Cearbhaill said:

Tell me you made a mistake on last night's temp reading of -22F in Kentucky no less.

Rich L said:
Cearbhaill said:

Tell me you made a mistake on last night's temp reading of -22F in Kentucky no less.
it was +22 in ky last night

Velvet- that's funny stuff. Look at the trend- up and down. No kidding.

This quote "And 2008 would have been a scorcher in Charles Dickens's time - without human-induced warming there would have been a one in a hundred chance of getting a year this hot. "For Dickens this would have been an extremely warm year," he said. On the flip side, in the current climate there is a roughly one in 10chance of having a year this cool. "

Was funny too. We know that there have been colder and hotter periods. Dickens lived during a colder period- that does not prove that some warmer period before or after him was resultant from human activity. "a roughly one in 10chance of having a year this cool. " Really- the coldest year of the decade- one in 10 chance- you don't say. Trends aside, the warmest and coldest years ever are likely in our future. Think about it.

I'm not calling GW false, just the logic that some employ would make me laugh if it did not concern me for people's reasoning skills :)

Edit: this isn't directed at you- but at the author and experts. Never ending amusement :)

Well, be glad your not here in Michigan as it got to 16 degrees last night and is supposed to hit 9 to 13 degrees tonight. I am going through the wood like it is early January!

Happy burning!

Dave

bigoak9745 said:
Well, be glad your not here in Michigan as it got to 16 degrees last night and is supposed to hit 9 to 13 degrees tonight. I am going through the wood like it is early January!

Happy burning!

Dave
high was 18 today 9 last night and its 14 out right now and i am atleast 3 hrs. south of you.Can i come up and steal some warm air!

Coldest nights of the year are here and I was in the hospital last night with a blown out knee. Got home to two cold stoves. I found myself crawling on the ground and up and down the stairs to rebuild the fires and keep them going. Heating with 100% wood heat sucks when you can only use 1 leg and half a brain.

Dang Rocky, I'm sorry your having such problems. Wish someone could give you a hand at a time like this.
The temps here in Ohio have been way too low starting in Nov and continuing. Single digits tonight. We just got our stove in the middle of last winter and wanted so badly to try to get a season of wood ahead etc. but darn it we are burning so fast we will probably have very little left by next Spring.
It is hard for me to understand about 'Global Warming' when it seems to be so much colder everywhere.

Prada said:
Dang Rocky, I'm sorry your having such problems. Wish someone could give you a hand at a time like this.
The temps here in Ohio have been way too low starting in Nov and continuing. Single digits tonight. We just got our stove in the middle of last winter and wanted so badly to try to get a season of wood ahead etc. but darn it we are burning so fast we will probably have very little left by next Spring.
It is hard for me to understand about 'Global Warming' when it seems to be so much colder everywhere.

Actually the wife helps out, I just don't trust her when I'm here. I will probably end up in the same boat as you and burn much more than planned.

Rocky! Think about what your saying.......You mean you don't trust her when your home but you do trust her when your gone???
Come on, give it a break and let her help you out. You can always give your instructions while she does it if that helps you out.
You guys are such bull heads at times. You are in pain Darlin and need some help.......let her help you out and praise her for doing it.
;-)

I thought Americans usually talk politics...not weather. That was supposed to be our thing. Surly politics here are a bit :roll:

Anyhow 22F here, pretty much normal for early Dec.

We're lower than our average temps for early December right now. 24F in Nashville tonight, so that means around 16-18F here on the Plateau. The Endeavor is rocking as we "speak". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.