Tempting Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd you go march back to that punky pine and say you're sorry! Just because it's not the pretty good wood does not mean it should be excluded!

north of 60 said:
ml said:
When your sidelined and out of commission, because of your own Dumb A**s,,,and then to add insult to injury, you read every thread about someones "Wood " score,,,knowing you will limp away from your computer Pis**d. Then you know you got the wood bug!! Heck, I`d consider joining the PTEP, if it came with a Pine Scented air freshner for the desk.

Hell ML Ill send ya a box of historical Yukon pine cones off the Chilkoot trail. Remember we at the PTEP are pulling for ya, whatever your dumba__ did.

That would be super!!Historical Yukon Chilkoot trail cones, would be an welcome addition to my, ETRP cones my sister and I made for Christmas Deco. (East Texas Redneck Pine)

I think you guys may be too hard on Todd,,and should consider a Sponsorship Program to help with the adjustment!!
Step1: (repeat after me) I love the smell of sap in the morning.

north of 60 said:
fossil said:
You can be an Associate Member for only $150.00/yr...that's the best we're able to offer at this time. Rick

I think your letting Todd off too easy. His use and priorities for pine really hurts. :mad: What we do know here is that real men don't just use Pine in the shoulder seasons. Us gifted pine club members are even man enough to be able to heat with it through the depth of winter. So there!
Todd you will have to sit in the back at our first AGM if you are to subscribe. Now go to your wood pile and think of what you have said while you stare at all that nice hard wood we cant have. HUMFF :down: :lol: Cheers
N of 60

Can I sit in the front row if I send you a load of Black Locust?

mayhem said:
Todd said:
Funny thing happened on the way to pick up that Pine. I arrived there and there was a nice pile of Maple and Ash logs, so I passed on the Pine and took the good stuff. :cheese: Upon further review most of the Pine was kinda punky and full of ants.

Are you sure that wood was there for you to take? Sounds like it was someone's wood pile and you just swiped it.

It's at the city recycle area, they told me first come first serve.

Bubbavh said:
Todd you go march back to that punky pine and say you're sorry! Just because it's not the pretty good wood does not mean it should be excluded!

Yeah, your right, that Pine looked awfull sad when it saw me loading up with all that stuck up Maple and Ash.

The Department of Justice will be contacting Todd shortly concerning his violation of Section 14 of the Softwood Anti-Discrimination Act of 1984. The Right Reverend Al Shapneedle is currently organizing a demonstration outside Todd's house declaring Todd to be the wood burning equivalent of Don Imus.

"The day has come in this country for hardwoods and softwoods to live side by side in every woodpile in this great nation." said Rev. Sharpneedle.

Actually, Rev. Sharpneedle spoke at our last meeting of the Native Coneheads of the Golden West. Quite an inspiring gentleman with a real burning desire to see the day when Pine gets equal rights and respect. Rick

BrotherBart said:
The Department of Justice will be contacting Todd shortly concerning his violation of Section 14 of the Softwood Anti-Discrimination Act of 1984. The Right Reverend Al Shapneedle is currently organizing a demonstration outside Todd's house declaring Todd to be the wood burning equivalent of Don Imus.

"The day has come in this country for hardwoods and softwoods to live side by side in every woodpile in this great nation." said Rev. Sharpneedle.

Jeesh, what ever happened to freedom of choice? Isn't there a grandfather clause if you were born before 1984?

Todd said:
...Jeesh, what ever happened to freedom of choice? Isn't there a grandfather clause if you were born before 1984?

Nope, sorry...you'll have to be born again. Rick

I had some pine, Once, I will stick with oak, maple, ash, and soon apple.

MMaul said:
I had some pine, Once, I will stick with oak, maple, ash, and soon apple.
there is a little surplus of maple going around central ind.

Maybe you should carry soft wood torches. Out of respect.

In the west we take our hardwoods to the dump.
You can't burn it ya know. It causes ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.