tempwood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucketboy

Aug 7, 2009
central ontario
Wondered if anyone uses a Tempwood downdraft stove and if they are satisfied with the performance of the stove.
thanks

my dad had one when I was a kid ('78) , it heated our house ok, nothing great compared to the newer stoves out now, my dad did extend the draft tubes another 6" down by bolting on another section of pipe, he thought it got the air down into the coals better.

I have a large tempwood that I bought in the seventies and use almost exclusively to heat my house...It's my second one and kept the one I replaced as an emergency backup. For what my opinion is worth, it's the best stove I've ever come across. I never liked the ornate victorians, or anything with a blower. The simplicity and functionality is perfect for my use. I also have oil heat and pellet stoves, but the tempwood is my stove of choice when I want quiet, simple heat. I'm very happy to learn that they are back in production and I wish the makers the best of luck!

Reactions: Dune
Wondered if anyone uses a Tempwood downdraft stove and if they are satisfied with the performance of the stove.
thanks

I use one and like it very much, in fact they are very popular here on Cape Cod. They last about 5 minutes at yard sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.