Ten Things About Prison They DO Want You to Know About!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huh,,, i looked at it. I never heard of him. I thought it was the shamwow guy when i read the title.(first post)

Last edited:
He may be in prison but his infomercials will live on forever.

This is the guy with all the, "they don't want you to know about," books. How long until the usual conspiracy theorists start chanting, "they put him in jail"?

This is the guy with all the, "they don't want you to know about," books. How long until the usual conspiracy theorists start chanting, "they put him in jail"?
They did ,,,,didn't they?

Reactions: smokedragon
This guy is a charlatan of the first order, convicted of fraud and a variety of other scams on multiple occasions.
You know, when you're selling another bad/fad diet book well then, whatever, who hasn't it seems. But when you line your pockets by peddling dangerous medical advice to sick and potentially vulnerable people and suggest those folks forgo sound medical treatment in favor of made up nonsense...well then, whatever they do to you its not enough.

Reactions: Ashful
His claim is that he is employee of company, he may be in jail like he has been for several months and the ads are still on for his government load books. Where he got in trouble was his diet books. Unless the judge can figure out a way to attach the assets of the dummy corporation he set up, they can still run the commercials and let stupid people fund his retirement after he gets out of jail. If I remember correctly one of the current TV ptichmen died a few years ago and they still run his ads.

His claim is that he is employee of company, he may be in jail like he has been for several months and the ads are still on for his government load books. Where he got in trouble was his diet books. Unless the judge can figure out a way to attach the assets of the dummy corporation he set up, they can still run the commercials and let stupid people fund his retirement after he gets out of jail. If I remember correctly one of the current TV ptichmen died a few years ago and they still run his ads.
He did hide the money and refused to pay up. Hopefully they can at least get to any new money coming in. Not necessarily because I want the gov't to seize his assets but because if they do, that will prob shut it down.

Saw his diet book info-mercial first and thought who believes this stuff?, playing on peoples paranoia etc. Been defrauding people in one way or another since he's in his 20's.

At least he wasn't selling short cords of green wood. >>

That's his standard line...the FDA got the justice dept after me because I am exposing them with my truths. He's good I'll give him that.

Reactions: Ashful
That's his standard line...the FDA got the justice dept after me because I am exposing them with my truths.
Exactly.

Coincidentally, a 911 conspiracy documentary was playing on History channel, when I got home from work today. It's amazing what some people will spend their time and energy on. Like they're all sitting around some internet forum, just... wait a minute!

he gets to keep selling the book? I don't think so,,,,,
I thought he only did the diet book,,,I guess I never watched his stuff. LOL,,you guys watch too much tv!

when you line your pockets by peddling dangerous medical advice to sick and potentially vulnerable people and suggest those folks forgo sound medical treatment in favor of made up nonsense...well then, whatever they do to you its not enough.

Hate to mention it, but that's exactly what Direct to Consumer medical advertising (we are the only advanced country that allows it) does. It often takes a product which is only slightly (maybe 34% as compared to 30%) better than a sugar pill and makes us think it's the lords gift to us.....

Never mind the untold billions being raked in by the supplements and other quasi-medical (herbalife, etc.) claims....

Here's a guy who sells stuff like that and takes in a lot of money from them:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/us/politics/21hatch.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"has spent his career in Washington helping the $25-billion-a-year industry thrive.
He was the chief author of a federal law enacted 17 years ago that allows companies to make general health claims about their products, but exempts them from federal reviews of their safety or effectiveness before they go to market"

We also have an entire industry of tele-evangelists preying on sick and vulnerable people to send money to them for their blessings.

Yet when consumer protection is suggested in DC or in State Capitals, it's usually shot down.....

Anyway, I guess there is a line and this guy stepped over it.......but in our daily lives, we get hit with these messages day-in and day-out.

that's exactly what Direct to Consumer medical advertising (we are the only advanced country that allows it)

I guess you could say we're in a similar boat here but the slant is more towards "Indirect" to Consumer ads (the companies don't mention specific product, instead they do their same sales pitch, same shiny happy people, then they push you to a web site for "more information"). Natural products, pharmaceuticals, whatever - buyer beware...

Hate to mention it, but that's exactly what Direct to Consumer medical advertising (we are the only advanced country that allows it) does. It often takes a product which is only slightly (maybe 34% as compared to 30%) better than a sugar pill and makes us think it's the lords gift to us.....

I'm no big fan of the pharmaceutical industry. There are some undeniable successes but partially helped through direct marketing Americans take obscene amounts of drugs foisted on them by the industry and everyone knows it. And that's the grain of truth that Trudeau uses to fleece the susceptible. As I said, he's good.

Anyway, I guess there is a line and this guy stepped over it.......but in our daily lives, we get hit with these messages day-in and day-out.

He's certainly not the first or last but how he slipped up was not in purveying some garden variety quackery that's difficult to disprove but in publishing some outright lies. Oh and half the people he used as references (some were dead) said they never met or were interviewed by him and disavowed the statements in his books and info-mercials as not representative of their findings or opinions. Some said they had not even conducted work in the area attributed to them. Then there's the phony checks, pyramid schemes....If you couldn't tell I don't even really have a sense of humor about this guy.

Another sort of casualty in all this - let's say I take a vitamin supplement that may have some potential value, with virtually no risk and very little cost (e.g. a daily vitamin D3, during these long dreary cold cloudy Canadian winters - just like I might try to eat certain foods for their nutritional benefit - or my wife forces me to, that is :). Trudeau wraps some wild claims around supplements, etc. and then gets busted for being con artist. Now I just might turn away from something that otherwise could have some potential benefit, 'cause it's been pimped by guys like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.