Ten Ways I Can Tell There Is Going To Be an Early Spring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firebroad

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
Carroll County, MD
1. The crocuses are in full bloom!
2. The daffodils are ten inches tall, and in bud.
3. The cat is shedding. A lot.
4. The skunks are mating. Phew.
5. The stinkbugs are waking up. I have found 2 staggering around the living room looking for coffee.
6. The birds are checking out the birdhouse in my back yard.
7. The groundhogs, whether they see their shadows or not, are nosing around.
8. The geese have returned to the meadow.
9. The fish are returning to the streams.
10. Men are itching to fish.

--What signs have you observed?

Im scratching to wade in morgans run for some trout...

Stump_Branch said:
Im scratching to wade in morgans run for some trout...

Let me know when dinner is. ;-)

Actually, today this is what I'm observing. :smirk:

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 584
fossil said:
Actually, today this is what I'm observing. :smirk:

Yep, still winter here (albeit, mild). Nothing blooming or growing (except my anticipation of spring) at this point.

when y'all see me at the Walmarts in my mankini you'll know its spring. nuff said.

Delta-T said:
when y'all see me at the Walmarts in my mankini you'll know its spring. nuff said.

Oh my. Pictures?

On second thought... :bug:

Delta-T said:
Thread killer.

firebroad said:
Delta-T said:

Oh my. Pictures?

NOOOOOOOO

Jags said:
firebroad said:
Delta-T said:

Oh my. Pictures?

NOOOOOOOO

who you kiddin...everyone knows you gots one too. ;-) ....well, they do now anyways.

Delta-T said:
Jags said:
firebroad said:
Delta-T said:

Oh my. Pictures?

NOOOOOOOO

who you kiddin...everyone knows you gots one too. ;-) ....well, they do now anyways.

No pictures exist, therefore it never happened.

I dont know what the big deal is....I sorta picture myself as Tarzan....with suspenders added to my loincloth. I just wish this look would catch on. I have great idear for suspender kiosks.

OMG

I just looked one of these things up.

Attachments

• Mankini_commonwealth_team.jpg
    Mankini_commonwealth_team.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 535
firebroad said:
OMG

I just looked of of these things up.

You just HAD to, didn't ya? :sick:

firebroad said:
OMG

I just looked of of these things up.

SEE! Tarzan...with suspenders! Tell me that doesn't say "Springtime" all over it.

I just threw up a lil bit in my mouth......just a lil..... :shut: :lol:

Yup, signs of spring..................we're down to about 2 1/2 feet of snow in the bush. We've been able to see pavement on the road for more than 2 days. We're only supposed to get 4" of snow tomorrow. and last but not least, it is only supposed to drop down to +2 degrees F tonight. LOL

GAMMA RAY said:
I just threw up a lil bit in my mouth......just a lil..... :shut: :lol:

this is a sign of early spring?? odd.

Seriously thinking about euthanizing this thread. :-/

rottiman said:
Yup, signs of spring..................we're down to about 2 1/2 feet of snow in the bush. We've been able to see pavement on the road for more than 2 days. We're only supposed to get 4" of snow tomorrow. and last but not least, it is only supposed to drop down to +2 degrees F tonight. LOL

I've heard of this "snow" you talk about.....never seen it though. I'll go crazy if I have to keep looking at all this brown grass, and brown trees. Its just too much brown. I could go for some snow to cover it up, or spring just needs to be here already...enough of the brown-ness. I dont even have a sad grey pile of snow, with random garbage frozen in it, to kick over here.

Delta-T said:
rottiman said:

I've heard of this "snow" you talk about.....never seen it though. I'll go crazy if I have to keep looking at all this brown grass, and brown trees. Its just too much brown. I could go for some snow to cover it up, or spring just needs to be here already...enough of the brown-ness. I dont even have a sad grey pile of snow, with random garbage frozen in it, to kick over here.

WMUR says 6-10" across NH tomorrow.

I heard the conk-a-reeee of a red winged black bird this morning.
Didn't see it, just heard it, and another way off in the distance.
That usually is a sign of Spring here.
A bit early.

The wild crocuses are blooming and the daffodils are just starting to push up, but I'm in Ma.

1. I know it is almost spring because those lil friggin chipmunks are fiddling around a lot outside....one scared the crap outta me the other day when I was outside....ok I was partaking in a nice cigar....he still scared me...he ran in between my legs... :mad:

2. I know it is almost spring because my parrot Freeway is starting to molt...(he loses his feathers and grows new ones)....that is a time that I dread because 4 years ago he broke a new blood feather on Good Friday and he was bleeding to death and I had to take him to the vet....
Lazer surgery and 300 bucks later he was fine.....but he was a repeat offender and broke another one the year later.....I have my eye on him let me tell ya... >:-(

3. I do not say it is officially spring till the "spring peepers" start peeping...that is usually late March...near my Birthday... :)
I love them peepers...

In Mi its goes like this for me....

Sand hill cranes

red wing black birds

wood cock

turkey buzzards

Blue birds checking out houses.

So far I have only seen the first 2

The robins and blue birds have been wintering around here for the last 5 years so we really dont go by them anymore.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.