Termovar element temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
My Termovar valve is clearly marked 72*
That would make it about 162* F
Just wondering if others have the same element supplied by Tarm.

My Tarm also came with the 72* C Termovar. I thought I read somewhere, might have been here that the boiler return should be at least 140 which would be a 60* C Termovar. I believe they make one at 60* C, but everyone I've talked to that recently bought a Tarm, got the 72* C model.

I wonder if it would be worth it to try the 60* element. It would provide quicker full opening flow to the boiler but would allow 20* cooler water temp. for protection.
Where would be a good place to order the element from?

Chuck - I'd start with Bioheat USA. I did a google search on Termovar and the first link said they come in these temperatures - 45*C, 55*C, 61*C, 72*C or 80*C. Bioheat USA may be able to tell you why they go with the 72*C model.

Bio heat was supposed to get in some of those 60 degree Celsius elements but I haven't called back in a while to see if they came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.