TERMOVAR LOADING UNIT OR LADDOMAT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimde

May 27, 2009
Northeast WI
I am collecting parts to plumb a TARM solo 60 to 370 gallon pressurized tanks. I have not purchased any plumbing fittings yet and am wondering if I should purchase a Termovar loading unit or a laddomat. If I understand what I am doing this unit will go between the boiler and the parrallel plumbed hot water storage tanks. I understand the TLU costs more ,but Ithink it has a variable speed pump. My boiler is oversized for my heat load if that matters. Any input would be appreciated.

From what I have been hearing it's difficult to find a Laddomat. Your 60 is a BIG boiler for the Lado. I know someone here is running a 40 without problems. The Lado can run short of pump wheras the Termovar is rated quite a bit higher in btu handling. You can get parts for a Termovar I believe, I've read you can't even buy a pump for a Lado. You might want to spend the extra $200.00, Randy

Thanks Randy, I didnt realize the lado was difficult to find. I think the TLU is about $600.00. I hope it's worth the money.

jimde said:
Thanks Randy, I didnt realize the lado was difficult to find. I think the TLU is about $600.00. I hope it's worth the money.
These loading units do a great job & I wouldn't be without one. I think they could sell either one & make a great profit at $200.00 these are not complicated, much less the 400 to 600 they want. I think you would be happy with the TLU & if you get more life out of that boiler it won't owe you much, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.