Terrified to fill my Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

91220da

Nov 21, 2008
Pocono's Pennsylvania
Every time I go out to the garage to fill the boiler I think it may be the last time!

Attachments

• Snow 2010 PA 013.jpg
    Snow 2010 PA 013.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 685
I have the same scene on my pole building. I can't decide if I step really quickly into the door to avoid the dripping water while the boiler is running, or if I don't want to get impaled!!!

What grows its roots up rather than down and grows only in the winter?

Move that door to the gable end!!!!!! Or at least build a entry way that has a roof over it even a 4x4 area with a flat roof could be a life saver. Two years ago someone was killed by my uncles by snow coming off the roof.

Billy

I think you need an official icicle removal device . . . and I just happen to have one for the low, low price of $9.99 . . . of course it may just look like a rake, but don't be fooled . . . it's actually a highly technical tool.

What the heck is that?

Nylons filled with rock salt? Just a guess. . . .

Maybe you need better insulation. All that heat should be heating the house and not melting snow off the roof.

firefighterjake said:

I've never seen that before. Is that to prevent ice dams in the gutters?

basswidow said:
firefighterjake said:

I've never seen that before. Is that to prevent ice dams in the gutters?

Yes . . . probably a Maine thing . . . of course I was just guessing that this was what was in the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.