1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    yes it is about 65 degrees today, but I decided to test burn since I "cleaned up" my burn pot....

the thermometer is about 2 feet in front of the stove. I have it set on 3. I have the air intake pulled out 1"..
    Last winter my top temp was 130 degrees on 5. Again it is 65 here so I don't call 120 great..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Valhalla

Valhalla Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Essex County, New York
    Looks real nice. Good luck with it. Lower temps are finally here.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

>:-(
  4. racegunz

racegunz New Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    My first post here, I was hoping someone else was actually putting a guage on the output, I managed to get 160+ on level 4 with my Big E but was wondering what the "norm" was. I also measured over 200 out of the exhaust. Seems to me that a recalimer similar to the MagicHeat brand would be a help in retrieving the btu's lost here, has anyone tried this?
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

I thought about that when I first got my pellet stove, but from what I've seen, they only make 6"-9" sizes....too big for a pellet stove (3" or 4"). If someone has seen one smaller, I'd be interested.
  6. racegunz

racegunz New Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    I'm pretty handy and work in an industrial maint. shop so I might fab one up in 4" just to try it out, I can't see how it wouldn't help and with my short vent run I don't have to worry about going bigger than 4" with it. If I had a regular chimney I would go ahead and just adapt on up to 6" and buy one, but it would look a little silly going out my dining room wall with 6" vent pipe!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.