Tested Maine Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xavblk

Jul 29, 2011
New Jersey
I tested my Englander 10-CPM for the first time along with Maine Wood Pellets. Although I thoroughly reviewed these pellets before purchasing I was pleasantly surprised at how efficiently and bright they burned even with the stove set to a Burn Rate of 1. I would also like to thank the folks in this forum for all the posts that make it easier for new owners as myself to become acclimated with these processes much quicker...your kind information is really appreciated.

We really love pic's if you are able! Glad you like the MWP. and your new stove. I also like the MWP, but they were not always this way. To that end, I would caution you to keep on your toes when selecting your pellets. Even good pellets, kept in poor conditions, can give you bad results. Also, pellets are not always the same year to year. Companies change hands, methods, mix etc. Also, burning condition vary. You could go get 10 bags of one pellet and share 5 with a neighbor. His or her experience with the same batch of pellets may be very different than yours. So yes, there are good and better pellets, but that is only a part of the burning experience.

save$ said:
We really love pic's if you are able! Glad you like the MWP. and your new stove. I also like the MWP, but they were not always this way. To that end, I would caution you to keep on your toes when selecting your pellets. Even good pellets, kept in poor conditions, can give you bad results. Also, pellets are not always the same year to year. Companies change hands, methods, mix etc. Also, burning condition vary. You could go get 10 bags of one pellet and share 5 with a neighbor. His or her experience with the same batch of pellets may be very different than yours. So yes, there are good and better pellets, but that is only a part of the burning experience.

X2 ^^^ Very well said. The 10-CPM is a stove that I see becoming VERY popular on this forum..

The Englander 30-NC (woodstove/do a search/ more of these in the last 2 yrs than any other stove) is the way I see the 10-CPM becoming.. I bought my 30-NC last year because of what I read in the Hearth Room..

Congrats. Heck of a heater you have.

I was pretty surprised at the MWP quality. IMHO after the first season shaky start, They have learned from that and what we were not thrilled with. After the fumble, They took the next kick off into field goal range. Missed by just a little. Next possesion was a touch down! Most improved pellet of last season. I expect them to hold quality with the chats I have had. Their in house testing and quality control is in place. And seems to be doing a bang up job only letting the good stuff out!

I have spoken with scotL and asked him to stop by for insite. But he feels this might be deemed product plugging. So he declined any comments. So scotL please share any info I can pass along to the new and old MWP product users.

I hear the MWP softies are also pretty darned good. I will hopefully be doing a burn test this season. Will share when I do. That is if the boss lady lets me buy them! ;-)

Now that I have worked the kinks out of my stove I am starting fresh with my personal pellet preference.
I.jave burned a couple of bags of Maines Choice, Maine Woods and Somerset. All very clean and Somersets burned the hottest althougj the bag ran out faster than MWP. All very good and very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.