1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

tfdchief injured in accident

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by tfdchief, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Nah, you just have to give them appropriate names like my brother and a couple of bulls he raised for meat -- I think one was named Sir Loin and the other was Chuck or something like that . . . kind of like the pigs we raised as kids -- Bacon and Ham.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    The last one my brother (the firefighter) raised - he and his boys named "Food".
  3. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    OK, I guess I might as well confess......Mine are named Nov 2009, Jan 2010, Dec 2010, Feb 2010, Jan 2011. And some have the same name so I guess they are twins. :cheese:
  4. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    <snicker, snicker> - I see ya got the Vicodin kicking in this morning. ;-P
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan

Nate, this is truly amazing and also a testament to the human body and spirit. We pray he recovers as much as humanly possible.
  6. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Quick Note: Dr sending me to the hospital for a staff infection in a boil I developed. confused Don’t know when I will be back. Need more prayers, Steve
  7. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Staff is nothing to play with. Get it gone quicker than quick.
  8. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Can't catch a break! Don't mess with that staff, hope you get it under control ASAP...
  9. Frostbit

Frostbit Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Arctic Alaska
  10. snowleopard

snowleopard Minister of Fire

Steve, we'll be keeping the thread fires burning until we hear back from you. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and a good thing that they're keeping a close eye on you.
  11. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Very gruesome attack and I am glad he survived it! Great job getting help there ASAP! Best wishes sent to your friend Wes..

Ray
  12. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    damn bro!!, bummer to hear about it. hope all is mending well so you can ride the red truck again soon. best of wishes from the Old Dominion for your speedy and complete recovery. im sure all the locals are rooting for you as well as they know the job youve done for them in your chosen profession. my grandfather was a fireman, when i was young visiting him at his firehouse you always had the feeling of professionalism and of literally being protected from any danger within those walls.

God loves firemen, and rightfully so. get well soon my friend
  13. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    We're still with you Steve.
  14. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    +1 buddy!

Ray
  15. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    Thinkin of ya Steve...been checkin this thread to hear the outcome.....I have had experience with different types of staph infections when I worked in the hospital....I actually had one myself in high school after a bad illness....It sounds like your doc acted quickly and I hope everything is going well...sometimes it takes a good amount of time to heal ....and there are so damn many types of those infections and they can come from various sources: very surprising sources which people don't realize.....we are all thinking of you and hope to hear something soon...
    :)
  16. snowleopard

I saw this posted and thought you'd get a kick out of it:

I work as a pediatric nurse, and often have the painful job of giving shots to the children. One day I entered the examining room to give a little girl a shot, and she starting screaming “NO! NO! NO!â€
    Her mother scolded her. “Jessica, that is not polite behavior!â€
    At that the girl continued to scream, “NO THANK YOU! NO THANK YOU! NO THANK YOU!â€

So there you have it, a role model. I'm sure you're continuing to be polite to the medics as they do what they've gotta do. Hang in there.
  17. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Great story snow leopard.
  18. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Now that is funny!
  19. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Thank you ALL so much for your concern! They filled me full of antibiotics and cut away the boils so they could heal and I am back home this morning. Thank God. I feel like I am starting over, but so glad to be home for now. Your thoughts, concerns, and prayers mean so much, and I look so forward to hearing from you all. It was nearly the first thing I did when I got home. Need to rest now. Thanks, Steve
  20. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Welcome home Steve!!!!

Ray
  21. snowleopard

Good news like that calls for a Daily Double!!!! Here comes #2 on the SJOTD:

An Amish girl and her mother were visiting a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again. The girl asked, “Mother, what is this?â€
    The mother, never having seen an elevator, responded, “I have never seen anything like this in my life. I don’t know what it is.â€
    While the girl and her mother watched with amazement, an old man in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button.
    The walls opened and the man rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the girl and her mother watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until the last number was reached, and they watched some more as the numbers began to light in reverse order.
    The walls opened up again and a hunky young man stepped out.
    The mother, not taking her eyes off the young man, said quietly to her daughter, “Go get your father.â€

Here's wishing you a smooth ride on that elevator, and all the best until the doors slide open and you emerge again.
  22. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Thanks Ray and SL. I feels good to be home and talk to all of you. I will try a different elevator next time at the hospital. The one I went on didn't work that good.
  23. snowleopard

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  24. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    So glad to hear you are back home Steve. You should heal good now but the cutting of those boils made me cringe. I had one years ago on the calf of one leg and they cut it and did nothing to freeze it before cutting. I swore that would be the last time for that!

Good part is that it appears the terrible heat is gone for a while. I see our forecast is a high of 80 tomorrow.
  25. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Thanks Dennis, It is good to be home. My heart sunk when the doctor said I had to go to the hospital. As for the heat, I hope it does go away so I can get outside to do some walking. I just can't do it outside in this heat because I get soaked under the brace and can't take it off. Thank God for AC. My loving wife just said its time for my bath so I better go, Take Care, Steve
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.