Thank goodness Tractor Supply told me "now is the time to cut, split and burn wood"!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tractor supply will probabaly run a sale in November / December (after the cold snap) promoting there red stone fire bricks at $1.50 higher than they are now

60652b01f66b4ac82eeb8b39489f03a4.jpg

02a784e989e445b7b0460fcd0f9f432a.jpg
at least they will dry quick

I'm also another Pa guy up in Hilltown, HI! You wouldn't believe the number of people that I've come across who've been burning for years and always burn what they cut that year or what is delivered as "seasoned". These are also the same people who would never burn pine. Oh well, some people don't want to learn something new because it works for them. I can only imagine how much more heat they would get if they seasoned their wood properly.

Vernon NJ

The stove shop down the road has a similar message on their electronic sign.

TSC is right in a way. It is getting to be that time of year again, as Applesister says. I try not to work up firewood over summer, it's just too hot and muggy for that kind of thing. Come on fall, I'm ready.

Come to think of it, I need to order a replacement baffle for our stove before too much longer. The one that's in there is on borrowed time.

Just got one from englander for cost. 30 bucks. Great customer service

Reactions: Fred Wright
I wonder if tractor supply will advertise snow blowers in December?

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Status
Not open for further replies.