Thank YOU and a question..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafo

Dec 24, 2009
Northern NY
I would like to start off by saying thank you for this site. We had a fire in our home that started from a faulty fireplace. Fortunately I was home at the time and nobody was hurt and there was no major damage, but the fireplace itself was basically destroyed. After wrangling with the insurance company that I didn't want the fireplace just restored to the way it was (faulty) we agreed on putting in a pellet stove insert. I have been researching online the final two inserts I have to choose from (mostly due to availability and fireplace size) and let me tell you, getting any unbiased information on pellet inserts on the net is not as easy as one would think. I finally came across hearth.com and saw quickly that this was the place to get the info I needed. I began searching the site via google and have found some great information! Thank you!

My question is about my final decision. Basically the two models are the Avalon Astoria Bay Large Insert, and the Austroflamm Integra II by Rika, here are some of the conclusions I am coming to, but please let me know if I am off base here, or tell me your thoughts:

Avalon Astoria Bay Insert:

- American made
- Quality construction (according to reports here)
- More affordable (according to my contractor)
- Less prone to break downs

Integra II Insert:

- Foreign made
- More expensive
- Harder to get parts
- Heats larger area (2,500 sqf as opposed to 2,250)
- Quieter than the Avalon

I am leaning towards the Avalon Astoria Bay insert but any help would be appreciated! Thanks again!

You might have better luck posting this in the Pellet Stove Section of the Forum . . . although many Pellet Folks frequently seem to check here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.