Thank You Hearth.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

302BroncoJim

Dec 8, 2014
Conneticut
Hello my name is Jim. Two weeks ago my son and I installed our new to us (2003 model Regency I2400 bought from a buddy for 500 bucks) We have a 13' outside chimney with a 6" insulated liner, I know it's short but I have a very awesome draft in a variety of outside temps so far, block off plate, and a ton of Roxul stuffed every where we could get it up the chimney, the stove is siting on a piece of durarock (plan on doing the entire fireplace in future), and luckily I knew a guy that knew a guy who sold good seasoned firewood. I have been figuring on all this over the last few months. When I started I knew how to split & stack wood, and build a campfire. But with the last five days outside temps avg 12 degrees I have kept our 1500sq ranch house mid 70's 24/7 thanks to all the knowledge from this forum. Prior to install we kept the oil fired hot water furnace at 66 and walked around with sweatshirts and knit hats with outside temps like that. The last couple of days we have had T-shirts and shorts on hanging around the house.

With all that being said I say Thank You Everybody with a special thanks to a few members Grisu, ADK_XJ, Howgwidz, Velvetfoot. the information I learned from you post has been priceless.

Hello my name is Jim. Two weeks ago my son and I installed our new to us (2003 model Regency I2400 bought from a buddy for 500 bucks) We have a 13' outside chimney with a 6" insulated liner, I know it's short but I have a very awesome draft in a variety of outside temps so far, block off plate, and a ton of Roxul stuffed every where we could get it up the chimney, the stove is siting on a piece of durarock (plan on doing the entire fireplace in future), and luckily I knew a guy that knew a guy who sold good seasoned firewood. I have been figuring on all this over the last few months. When I started I knew how to split & stack wood, and build a campfire. But with the last five days outside temps avg 12 degrees I have kept our 1500sq ranch house mid 70's 24/7 thanks to all the knowledge from this forum. Prior to install we kept the oil fired hot water furnace at 66 and walked around with sweatshirts and knit hats with outside temps like that. The last couple of days we have had T-shirts and shorts on hanging around the house.

With all that being said I say Thank You Everybody with a special thanks to a few members Grisu, ADK_XJ, Howgwidz, Velvetfoot. the information I learned from you post has been priceless.
Yea, this place is a great find for people like us who want to learn about how to safely and efficiently run a stove and manage everything that goes along with that. Thanks from me too, Hearth.com!

I second your notes. I'm a newbie, DIY type, eager to learn from these guys on here. I appreciate all of the little key things that I have garnished from those who are veterans in this world I'm coming to love. My ole lady tells me I'm crazy when I get out of bed and head to the woods with my kit to work on 2016s stockpile when it's 0F out. She just doesn't get it , but that's ok. Thanks a bunch guys. The info I've learned has been priceless and I wouldn't have received it other than the school of hard knocks!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've been burning wood for 30+ years and I still come here for tips and tricks. I'm addicted to burning wood and still learning. I guess if I wasn't learning something it wouldn't be fun anymore. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've been burning wood for 30+ years and I still come here for tips and tricks. I'm addicted to burning wood and still learning. I guess if I wasn't learning something it wouldn't be fun anymore. :)
I think that's a big part of why I'm having so much fun with this. It's a hobby with a purpose and it includes many opportunities to experiment, tweak, tinker, adjust and learn new things all the time. On top of that, there are cool tools, some exercise and coming in to a home warmed with wood through your efforts.

I knew it all before I came here. I had brown glass and very little heat out of my stove. Only thing I am lucky I didn't have is a chimney fire. Not even a year and look at me now, 76 in the house without even trying too much when it is 15 outside, clean glass and no smoke smell in the house, because I used to have that too. Thank you all.

Lot's of people make'em. Lot's of people sell'em. Hearth.com shows you how to use'em.

One of the best things about this forum: all you need is an internet connection and some sort of internet browsing device. No $100 service call required ;). Check here before making the $100 service call.

Andrew

Reactions: Beer Belly
Status
Not open for further replies.