Thank You Hearth Guys!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
I'm feeling kinda smug (and even a little christmasy) this morning and I know how you guys like those pics.

It's been two years coming, I did it all myself, it's far from perfect, but it's working.

It never would have happened withoutchas :)

Attachments

• 12-17-09 001.jpg
    12-17-09 001.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 12-17-09 003.jpg
    12-17-09 003.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 12-17-09 004.jpg
    12-17-09 004.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 12-17-09.jpg
    12-17-09.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 266
Rick,
Congratulations on severing the Saudi umbilical cord! Hopefully, I will be throwing the switch today. It will be a fine Christmas Present!

Jim K in PA said:
Good job Rick. Post some burnin' pics, too!

Russ - I will look for the fireworks to the south tonight . . . ;-)

Jim,

Let's call them the southern lights! :coolsmile:

I have it up and running now, but I'm not ready to claim victory yet. I Had to over-ride the "VDT" operation of my injection pump on the load side to get a transfer across the HX. I think I understand now what is going on after a talk with a Tech support at TACO. I think I will have it all figured out by this evening.

Great work Rick, Deerhunter! I bet it's a hoot not hearing those petro boilers fire up!

I'm freezing my butt off insulating and hanging sheet metal!

My wife likes that. When it's quite in the living room we can hear the circs come on. She'll say, "hear that? that's the sound of the oil burner not running"

What is it you guys call it? WAF? or whatever it is............ It's pretty high around here lately :cheese:

We just passed our 1 year anniversary of having the joy of silence from the oil furnace. I can hear my house circ cycle on/off, and I can even hear the flow rate change in the piping as the zone valves close. The Wife Approval Factor (WAF) is off the charts since we are as warm or warmer than when burning oil. I just keep smiling . . . :coolsmirk:

Next up is DHW. Electricity deregulation starts 2/1/10 in PA, and I am going to work on minimizing that cash outflow. Sidearm construction will commence after the holidays.

Congrats Rick and Deerhunter,exciting times I'm sure.'WAF' how true it is. I had to make a point of bringing some good old USA hardwood flooring home for the wife when I went down to pick up my new Garn. I'm sure she will she will appreciate it when her toes are warmed up by heated floors and the house is more confortable. Yes more pic please. Good job you guys. Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.