Thank you Irene! (Caution: Big rounds ahead!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MasterMech

Dear Irene,

I'd like to thank you for blowing down a beautiful 33" Pin Oak this past Sunday. Your impressive display of power and endurance will result in many days of heat for me and my family. Not to mention you've given me a chance to go play with all of my favorite toys!

Thanks again!

Yours truly,

MasterMech

Attachments

• 0831111410.jpg
    0831111410.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 640
  • 0831111409.jpg
    0831111409.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 630
1st pic is all the wood we kept from the Pin Oak (I'm pretty sure it was a Pin) Unfortunately I wasn't able to get pics of the tree before the boys started limbing and bucking.

2nd pic is my "to do" pile. lol

Attachments

• 0831111405.jpg
    0831111405.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 640
  • 0831111406.jpg
    0831111406.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 631
Looks like that should be a 1 1/2 cords nice score.

Mother nature works in strange ways,,,,,,,stay warm, lots of btu's there.

You can always ID pin oak easily because of all the limbs! Lots and lots of trimming to do. Danged heavy to lift the logs too.

It looks like you left a few good rounds on that tree...

Thats a pretty big tree to get knocked down, you guys must have some good wind up there, all the rain probably helped soften the ground up too. Was that in your yard MM?

I could only wish I had a golf green like that in my backyard.... lol ;-) No that's my 2nd job. 18th Green. Tree fell 90 degrees across the approach and trashed it.

tfdchief said:
I am really surprised to see a pin oak blown over like that. They are tough trees. Make great fire wood.
maes me wonder bout the ones in my backyard. it wasnt really the wind though that blew them over. i mean the wind helped but the frekin ground was just so saturated that it weakend lots of monster trees. same thing happen down the street from me. big oak bout that size uprooted.

CTwoodburner said:

I'd be burrowing into the roots too, there is a lot of nice wood there, brilliant score, and nice thank you letter ;-)

CTwoodburner said:

I know, but it's not going anywhere and I'm not in a hurry. I found another photo of the tree the morning it was discovered.

Attachments

• flood from hurricane irene 8-28-11 016.jpg
    flood from hurricane irene 8-28-11 016.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.