Thank You RNLA (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Forum member RNLA ( Roger) was nice enough to come over today with his truck and chipper and remove a 20' Blue Spruce from my front yard today, Tree was just getting to big and covering the cars with pollen every spring ( not to mention the sharp needles)

Had the tree down and chipped in about 30 minutes, Was pretty much childs play for him. I got the honor of feeding the chipper

Here are some pics of the operation,

Attachments

• P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 366
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 337
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 364
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 346
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 346
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 380
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 355
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 337
C'MON NOW! 2 days after christmas and you cut down the tree that would be perfect for decorating outside???plus...can't see any decorations on the house or yard at all???

Yeah, the 4 houses on our little road are not much into holiday lights, as you can see we have no snow either. hardly seems like XMAS time with highs around 50 and lows in upper 30's. Temps are suppose to drop a little later this week and maybe a slight chance of snow

As for cutting it down 2 days after XMAS, that was just a matter of coincidence, I have been wanting to take it down for awhile now, but did not want to deal with the clean up, I met RNLA through this site, and I am off work this week and it happened to work out for both of us to do it today

I take it that you cain't season and burn those things?? Is't it good for pine burners??

Score another hit for hearth.com.

cptoneleg said:
I take it that you cain't season and burn those things?? Is't it good for pine burners??

I got 5 small rounds out of the tree, you can see them laying on the ground in one of the pics, everything else went in the chipper, I split those rounds and threw them in the pile of stuff that needs stacked

Blue spruce is not the greatest wood, but it will burn

Thanks ELDERTHEWELDER, I love to help. I want to thank you too for the lumber from the pallets. Within the next week or so it will become a nice woodshed/cover. Good trades are the way to go. We do have some wet weather around here, it is hard to get any wood to dry, now I'll be a little farther along to getting real seasoned wood.

Nice work fellas. It surely is nice when to members of hearth.com can get together.

That's good to hear and I too have a friend here that I met at the Arborist forum that sent me some high temp insulation to insulate my cat.. The added cat insulation makes my cat heat quicker and is slow to lose heat on reloads now.. The newer Dutchwest stoves have refractory mat'l around their cats I suspect for these reasons..

Ray

Yeah, It happened because someone told me that my wood was wet and Elder had the Moisture meter...

Status
Not open for further replies.