Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaSkye

Jan 2, 2009
Mid-WesternOntario
We have a Drolet Eco-35 stove and had the error code H1 come up...after trying to reset it, the stove locked, and wouldn't reset. We unplugged it, we hit all the buttons on the LCD display, then we cursed at it and turned our oil furnace up for the night...
This evening I'd had enough. I googled Drolet Eco-35 and you guys popped up. I was relieved to see I wasn't the only person that had had this problem and literally jumped for joy when I found the reset code. You guys saved my sanity, and some money by being here.
Thank you so much!!!

I am glad that you found what you needed and your sanity has been saved! For some reason I envision you sitting around your stove enjoying the flame with a big satisfied smile and a glass of wine. Enjoy!
:p

AmandaSkye said:
We have a Drolet Eco-35 stove and had the error code H1 come up...after trying to reset it, the stove locked, and wouldn't reset. We unplugged it, we hit all the buttons on the LCD display, then we cursed at it and turned our oil furnace up for the night...
This evening I'd had enough. I googled Drolet Eco-35 and you guys popped up. I was relieved to see I wasn't the only person that had had this problem and literally jumped for joy when I found the reset code. You guys saved my sanity, and some money by being here.
Thank you so much!!!

Stick around! Not only will you learn a lot but you will enjoy a few good laughs as well.

That's true, I've been on a month and have learned so much..........Thanks everyone!!

Sometimes you find your answer... sometimes not. But we all try to help as much as possible...

Welcome aboard...

Hey Amanda-if you have more than a few ton of pellets stored away you can also be considered for membership in the pellet pig club.

Doocrew said:
Hey Amanda-if you have more than a few ton of pellets stored away you can also be considered for membership in the pellet pig club.

Just a tad more needed than that. Research the site.

Oh and Welcome Aboard, now clean your stove.

Eric

AmandaSkye said:
Thank you so much!!!

They are really good folks here!! Welcome to the forums. :)

Welcome to the forum...

Thanks guys!!

We installed the stove ourselves, so every time there is one weird little flash we immediately think that we somehow installed it wrong.

Sadly, pellets are pretty hard to come by in these parts, and the most we can buy at any given time is 20 bags. they are limiting people. Some stores are limiting people to only five bags at a time. I can say this though...the first batch of pellets we bought we got through Rona, and they were 80% hard wood, and 20% husks and softwood. They didn't burn very clean (the glass was filthy, and we were cleaning the stove 3 or 4 times a day!) after those ran out, we tried some different ones from a local store, and what a huge difference! They were 100% hardwood, they burn way hotter, and the burn pot never overfills.

I'll be sticking around for sure, because I'm always looking to learn something new about the stove, and tell everyone how it runs.

AmandaSkye said:
Thanks guys!!

We installed the stove ourselves, so every time there is one weird little flash we immediately think that we somehow installed it wrong.

Sadly, pellets are pretty hard to come by in these parts, and the most we can buy at any given time is 20 bags. they are limiting people. Some stores are limiting people to only five bags at a time. I can say this though...the first batch of pellets we bought we got through Rona, and they were 80% hard wood, and 20% husks and softwood. They didn't burn very clean (the glass was filthy, and we were cleaning the stove 3 or 4 times a day!) after those ran out, we tried some different ones from a local store, and what a huge difference! They were 100% hardwood, they burn way hotter, and the burn pot never overfills.

I'll be sticking around for sure, because I'm always looking to learn something new about the stove, and tell everyone how it runs.

THis forum has saved me lots of time and $$.
How much is a bag going for up in your area?

We payed almost $7.00 a bag. Which is WAY higher than the price we got when we started looking into a pellet stove, but I now that two manufacturers had fires this year, and that's apparently the reason for the shortage.

Pellets are selling for $5.99 (Can.) here in Nova Scotia . Last year the cost was $4.69 . And they are scarce for the very first time in 14 years of burning pellets.

AmandaSkye said:
We payed almost $7.00 a bag. Which is WAY higher than the price we got when we started looking into a pellet stove, but I now that two manufacturers had fires this year, and that's apparently the reason for the shortage.

Hi Amanda~ another Ontario pellet burner here. You are paying way too much indeed. Obviously you were talking to Home Defect (oops Depot) regarding the fire story. Funny they want to sell you the stove - just not the pellets.... but they seem to be able to supply them in the States. Did you buy the Drolet at Home Hardware?
The going rate should be around $5 - $5.50 a bag or better by bulk. How far south are you? The best pellets I've found here are from a Quebec hardwood manufacturer.
Welcome to the site ~Res

We found pellets in our area for $240.00 a ton. They aren't the best pellets in the world, they fill up the burn pot after a while, but they are pellets none the less. I don't mind having to clean the stove more often. It would frustrate the hell out of me to have this stove sitting there and not burning and have my furnace running like crazy. We've had a real cold snap too, it's been about -20*, so I'm thankful we found them when we did.

The reset code is this, in this order...

reset, I/O, 6, 1, quiet (for about three seconds)

push the buttons in that order and you should be good to go...oh and 6 is the highest fan setting and 1 is the lowest fan setting.

pete324rocket said:
and if you have any other issues with the drolet,please post them as there are very few people running them that post here on this board,though I'm sure there are a lot of them out there running.

We purchased a Drolet Model Eco-35 Freestanding Pellet Stove in Oct of 07. We have had problems with it since the beginning. First, they did replace the control board as it froze up and we could not get anything to work. Once that was replaced, we started to have problems with H1 and H2 errors showing up. We could not put the stove above 3 or it would shut down with these errors. We had to keep calling our Home Hardware person who was very good about coming out and resetting the stove so it could be used. Now, the stove is shutting down on the 3 setting and sometimes on the 2 setting. It is starting to load a lot of pellets in the burn pot just before it shuts down, the pellets start to smolder and then the thing starts to put smoke in the house. I ended up using the Ove Gloves - great things by the way - and taking the burn pot out and getting rid of the smoldering pellets in the snow. Things are not getting better. The burn pot gaskets are being used up every two weeks or so. They tell me that is not possible....well........... and now the new ones are a little bigger and cover part of the holes that are used to let the heat in from the igniter....Has anyone got any ideas of what to do...other than put the stove in the driveway.........Thanks

Complain like hell.......really. It seems like anyone who has had troubles with these stoves all share similar "electronic quirks" which are the life of the stove. Do a search for drolet and you will see some pretty frustrated people. Service is not one of the brighter spots of the company,so I suggest you demand a working stove or a new one..simple as that. Ask to see the manager of the Home Hardware to get him in the loop. You still have warranty left.Don't waste it or you will hate yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.