THANK YOU!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amkazen

Dec 29, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Wow, I have almost all my questions answered (see "Head is Spinning" post for my final 2 questions).

I was talking with my wife this morning and we NEVER got the kind of info from our wood stove dealer 5 years ago that we got from this site yesterday. I wonder if my dealer even knows half of the stuff you folks told me.

We cut our wood down to about 10" lengths so we could put it north-south in our Pacific Energy Artisan stove. What a difference that made in starting the fire. Also, pulling the coals forward to the front of the stove worked great also! And, finally, this morning the house was 4 - 5 degrees warmer than the previous two mornings even thought the outside temperature this morning is 16 degrees, vs. 20 degrees yesterday morning. I am attributing the higher morning temp to the fire lasting longer last night because of what I learned yesterday on this site.

Thanks again!

Glad things are working out for you. Sometimes the dealers only know how to write up a sales ticket and are not that knowledgeable about what they are trying to sell. We were amazed when we started shopping around for a replacement stove. Most of the people we talked to really knew very little about wood stoves and wood heat.

Isn't this site fantastic? I won't do anything now without coming here first, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.