Thank you!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ontario_Dave

Jul 27, 2023
North Eastern Ontario
Afternoon from north-eastern Ontario, Canada.

I wanted to post and say thank you for this resource and all who have made it what it is - a wealth of information.

I'm a first time wood stove purchaser, and have settled on an Alderlea T5 with an external air intake. Still not *quite* sure if I want to pay extra for the porcelain enamel version (the good lady wife seems to like the idea of the white finish), or whether it just becomes 'another thing to keep clean or it looks messy'!

Either way, a big thank you from the both of us and the dogs. I can't wait for this winter, and I don't often say that in July!

Dave

I wanted to post and say thank you for this resource and all who have made it what it is - a wealth of information.

I'm a first time wood stove purchaser, and have settled on an Alderlea T5 with an external air intake. Still not *quite* sure if I want to pay extra for the porcelain enamel version (the good lady wife seems to like the idea of the white finish), or whether it just becomes 'another thing to keep clean or it looks messy'!

Either way, a big thank you from the both of us and the dogs. I can't wait for this winter, and I don't often say that in July!

Dave
It definitely is a great resource with helpful people. Good luck this winter!

Reactions: Ontario_Dave
I like my white enamel stove. Any splatters burn on and are noticeable until they burn off. We have kids so life is messy. You might be cleaner

FYI, As a porcelain finish owner for 23 years. Actually you never need to clean it. Same as your porcelain sink. Permanent high gloss finish. I use pledge occasionally. It's nice to do as it's heating up great smell. But white, I don't know if I would do that. You could get a water spill that could stain.

FYI, As a porcelain finish owner for 23 years. Actually you never need to clean it. Same as your porcelain sink. Permanent high gloss finish. I use pledge occasionally. It's nice to do as it's heating up great smell. But white, I don't know if I would do that. You could get a water spill that could stain.

Thank you, and the same to the other folks who have replied!

Pledge??? Really?? It doesn’t burn? Never done and won’t ever.

Dave
The porcelain finish is easier to keep looking new, though the painted finish stands up very well over time. A happy wife = a happy life.

I have white enamel. I have a happy wife. I have an awesome stove. Spend the extra few hundred on large purchases that will last 10-20 years. What's $200 over the course of a few years vs happiness?

Yup, thank you Split. Deciding to go white enamel, and also taking the T6 instead of the T5.

Ordered last week and install being done in 3 weeks time.

We are very happy. ;-)
I thought the T6 was only available in painted black. There is no "classic" version. Were you able to order one in white or is the dealer painting white for you?