Thank you.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
My PE Summit is installed. I posted some pictures in the perfect picture section.

I also wanted to take some time to thank everybody for their help with my project. There have been many of you and I don't remember all the names. I do want to single out Craig for creating the site and Elk for all his help with getting it installed correctly. Oh and I can't forget Brotherbart for harassing me about the installation and showing me where I can hide my beer in the summer.

Thanks to everyone else I have failed to mention.

Karl

karl said:
My PE Summit is installed. I posted some pictures in the perfect picture section.

I also wanted to take some time to thank everybody for their help with my project. There have been many of you and I don't remember all the names. I do want to single out Craig for creating the site and Elk for all his help with getting it installed correctly. Oh and I can't forget Brotherbart for harassing me about the installation and showing me where I can hide my beer in the summer.

Thanks to everyone else I have failed to mention.

Karl
Karl, I bet it works better in the fire place then the hall ha. :lol:

I also wanted to post the layout of my house again. I know my biggest question when considering wood heat was whether or not it would heat the house and if the air would circulate very well. I can't give a definitive answer yet as we are not in the dead of winter. The past few days it has been in the 60's during the day and last night the low was 30 and tonight it's supposed to 29. I've been lighting a fire in the evenings around 8 and burning a few splits at a time and then filling the thing up before I go to bed. By filling it up I DON'T mean packed tight either, just fairly full. Last night the master bedroom got too hot. Today, I took the window air conditioner out the master bedroom so I closed the door to that room a few hours ago to keep it cool. I have a few fans to circulate the air. I had to turn them off because the house was getting too warm. I know I have a learning curve to heating, but wow atleast I know I can do it, and do it well. The house was built in 1964 and is well insulated by 60s and 70s standards. It's not the best by todays standards, not even close.

Alot of people in here said it would be a tough layout to heat. I'm glad they were mistaken so far. The whole house so far has been about the same temperature with the living room being much hotter and a noticeably warmer hallway. The living room is 75+ and the rest of the house is 72. This is without the fans on. I can live with that. I'm sure the spread will increase when the daytime temperature starts averaging 30 some degrees but I really don't think it's going to be a problem.

Attachments

• house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.