Thanks and RIP George

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a great NPR story about "He stopped loving her today" that was on maybe just a week ago. Jones didn't want to record the song because he thought it was just too sad to the point that people would be turned off. Needless to say he was glad he did record it. Definitely one of the best songs in the history of country music. He will be missed. Maybe he and Johnny are doing this one right now:

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
First time I saw him was in the 50's. He put on a great show.

no show Jones can't believe I heard it here first, really didn't check my mail tho

one of the country greats I truly respected (& Johnny Cash RIP)

SAD;hm

George was nicknamed "No Show Jones" for missing appearances back when he was drinking and using drugs a lot. It was funny at the 1993 Association of Country Music Awards when they announced him to receive a lifetime achievement award and he didn't come down for it. His wife had to accept it and she said "He is here. Really. He just went to the restroom.". ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.