Thanks!-and something to amuse yourselves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off-a big thanks for all the knowledge I've gleaned from lurking in this area over the past few months. I was able to sucessfully revive an older installation and am now enjoying being free of utility bills (mostly). Nothing more typical than a pair of newlyweds renting an old house without a furnace and just electric heat... luckily my training with antique steam tractors has paid off in this regard-splitting and stacking wood is old hat.

And now, something that floated across our local craiglist- how does an under-floor RV stove grab you? :p

Regards,
Colin

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/boa/919567852.html

There's a Utah company (Timberline) that makes modern-day sheep camps that have wood stoves--the standard one is small but they offer a larger one as an option. These aren't really designed as on-road trailers, but as portable camps for sheep herders and others who need to live at mobile camps for periods of time. Here are a couple of photos--you'll see the stove pipe, the standard, small stove and the optional larger stove they sell.

trc_340.jpg

standard (small wood stove)
st_woodstove.jpg

larger, optional wood stove
woodstovewoven.jpg

Interesting photos of stoves in RVs!
I was just as amused when I saw that the same Fireplace I had installed in my home, the Heatilator Constitution, is recommended (per manual) for install in Motor Homes!!!
Kev

I like the insulation in close proximity to the stove in the CL link. It should give off lots of heat when it catches fire!

Kev: Are you sure it said Motor Home (RV) and not Mobile Home (mfd housing)? I think there's a difference...

Chris

Redox said:
I like the insulation in close proximity to the stove in the CL link. It should give off lots of heat when it catches fire!

Kev: Are you sure it said Motor Home (RV) and not Mobile Home (mfd housing)? I think there's a difference...

Chris

I think you are right...Mobile Home. (Honestly, to ME they are one and the same anyway!)
Thanks,
Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.