1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Thanks Craig! Great Idea.

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by tfdchief, Feb 16, 2011.

1. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Wow! I just now saw this new Forum. Thanks Craig! My old Buck finally has a home :) As you can see in my signature, we have kept each other warm for a long time, and she has been good to me. When I get the new Hampton installed in the kitchen though, I will have to frequent both the old and new stove Forums. :cheese: Just kidding. Thanks again, I think this forum will be very helpful. For better or worse, there are still tons of older stoves out there and some of them are very efficient if you know how to burn them.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    It was the 18,000 views on coalys Fisher thread that gave me the idea.......the place can be a holding area for a lot of info which might get lost too fast way back in the Hearth Room....
  3. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I agree! Thanks again for the great idea and your continued efforts to enhance this forum.
  4. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Amazing what Craig can come up with after some peyote tea in a tent surrounded by his ancestors.

I agree. This was a great idea.
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    It was the Italian ones threatening to kneecap me which really made the final call.
    :cheese:
    (Naples, I'm told)......
    The Ferragammos and DiNardos.....
  6. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    This forum really makes me miss the good old days of rebuilding on stoves in the basement of Warm Wood Stoves. If it was not a conflict of interest with my current job, I would love nothing more than to turn my garage into an old stove refurb plant and do it part time.

It's not the DiNardo's from Italy that you worry about, its the Amatos from Agrigento
  7. gnatboy911

gnatboy911 New Member

Loc:
    Western, CO
    i'm definitely stoked about this new forum....such a great place to ask questions about our older stoves....nice work!!

nate.
  8. nosaudioil

nosaudioil Member

Loc:
    coastal ME
    Thank you Craig for the pre-EPA forum, I'm a fan and user of the "vintage" heaters.