Thanks For All The Advice/Tips!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1GCB

Feb 3, 2009
Central Rhode Island
Hello Everyone,

Purchased my first load of tree length logs (3 cords/oak). Want to note some of the things I've learned from this forum and thanks!

Started filing my chain (stihl kit) for the first time last week and it works well--actually enjoy it. Also, using the smart-holder (saw it here) for sawing--like it and saves my back. Notice the auto tires for holding my rounds when splitting--another tip I've learned here. Currently waiting for amazon to ship the fskars 7854 splitting axe with 28-inch handle and 4-1/4 pound head--heard it here.

Thanks again for all the great information.

My new woodstock "fireview" will be delivered on May 6th--trying to keep my splits to 16" for the new stove.

John from little Rhodey

Attachments

• Firewood-1.jpg
    Firewood-1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 354
  • Firewood-2.jpg
    Firewood-2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 336
In gratitude, you'll have to name your first born Hearth Dot Com.

Grasshopper snatched the pebble from the hand quick!

Nice job John. With all that wood and a new Fireview you will be one happy camper next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.