Thanks for the Encouragement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
I want to group thank those who encouraged me to go ahead with the Kozi purchase. I spent an hour at the end of the work day pulling the auger and motor. Boy was it a mess. While the previous owner had stored it, water got into the hopper. I didn't think pellets would mold. Of course there was only the stuff jambing the auger. Three bolts, some prying and levering and I filled the base with crud. Took the motor out and bench tested. Took the 120v just fine. Did not reinstall, but hooked it up and ran the start cycle. This stove has three lights as trouble shooter. No motor and one light. Went back to the manual I had downloaded (isn't the internet wonderful!!!!!!!) and checked the chart. A manual reset over temp switch. Found where it was, bushed the reset, and got the signal that I was out of pellets. But all motors ran quiet and smooth. Not only was I out of pellets, but I was out an auger and a motor sitting on the edge of the frame.

Seems that tomorrow I will clean the cruddy auger with electrolysis, replace the lube on the bronze bushings, clean the surface rust in the burn chamber. Reassemble and do a test fire.

Gee, I feel like a kid with a new train set.

Have the spot in the shop for the stove, I'm going to raise it 24 inches off the floor, use a 4" exhaust and a 2-1/2 in. filtered fresh air inlet from outside. I've got all the parts except the wall thimble. We're supposed to get some bad weather this weekend, may have to work in the shop all day Sat and Sun to give the new stove a work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.