Thanks for the thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

May 17, 2009
Southern ME
I've been checking out the different topics and came away with two different thoughts I would like to thank whoever it was for them.

1) I need to increase the height on my external pipe and was trying to figure out how to do it without trashing the pipe and someone said to heat the connection which would free up the silicone. It worked really well and now I just need to get the extra pipes.

2) Never thought of covering up the end of the pipe so that it wouldn't end up with hornets, wasps or other undesired things come the fall. I look at it as a duh - obvious but you don't really think about it

I haven't tried the leafblower yet but thinking about it.

Thanks again

A black "Fernco type" 3" plumbing test cap makes a great summer "cap" for Simpson pellet pipe. Slips right over the male end and secures with the included radiator clamp. Keeps weather and insects out.

Status
Not open for further replies.