Thanks Forum....my stove is rocking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rafmt

Dec 5, 2013
North central montana
image.jpg I purchased a used 2006 baby countryside used. The original owner bought it with the intentions of burning winter wheat. And I think he tried for a few years. I am not real how successful he was. Probably not very well....he sold the stove. After I got it I vacuumed out what I could with my shop vac. On my front porch luckily.....I didn't have a proper filter on it. Hooked it up,ran the exhaust pipe,( no oak ) filled it with pellets and manually started it. It had a very lazy orange flame. Being a newbie...looked good to me. Let it run that night. Woke up to a burn pot full of black bits. Scooped them out thinking that was the way it was.Second night it backed up into the drop tube and smothered the flame shutting the stove off. Realizing something wasn't right I found this forum and read everything about my stove. It did get taken back outside and a very good cleaning with air and vacuum. New ash pan gasket. Burn pot welded and the air wash partially plugged. Now it really puts out the heat. The picture is the temp right now......6:15 pm mountain zone. They think it might hit 30 below. Thanks again.........

Holy crap! -23. It never gets that cold around these parts. Glad the stove is working so well for you. Keep warm.

That's what makes this forum the best one out there! Glad you got it rockin'! I still can't wrap my head around minus 30...in the beginning of December!

View attachment 119671 I purchased a used 2006 baby countryside used. The original owner bought it with the intentions of burning winter wheat. And I think he tried for a few years. I am not real how successful he was. Probably not very well....he sold the stove. After I got it I vacuumed out what I could with my shop vac. On my front porch luckily.....I didn't have a proper filter on it. Hooked it up,ran the exhaust pipe,( no oak ) filled it with pellets and manually started it. It had a very lazy orange flame. Being a newbie...looked good to me. Let it run that night. Woke up to a burn pot full of black bits. Scooped them out thinking that was the way it was.Second night it backed up into the drop tube and smothered the flame shutting the stove off. Realizing something wasn't right I found this forum and read everything about my stove. It did get taken back outside and a very good cleaning with air and vacuum. New ash pan gasket. Burn pot welded and the air wash partially plugged. Now it really puts out the heat. The picture is the temp right now......6:15 pm mountain zone. They think it might hit 30 below. Thanks again.........

I'm south of you in Casper, it's -10 here and I just had the room up to 85 degrees on near-high. Went outside and the stove pipe was very warm. I think we got down to -29 the night before last. I've been using the pellet stove the whole time. My brother in law has a Countryside Magnum, very nice stove, it's worked well for years for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.