Thanks Gang

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Je me souviens! Oh, sorry, wrong province........

We have Cher, we don't need a bigger ass :p

Army Aviation. Up close and personal. Hooyah!

Couldnt you guys build bigger ass kicking boats?...

Sure we can.

uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63.jpg

Actually, neither of these two ships is kicking anyone's ass anymore. The ship in your video is USS Missouri (BB 63). Quite a history, but now long since decommissioned (for the second time), and she's a museum in Pearl Harbor HI. The carrier is USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63) on which I served as Chief Engineer. She too is decommissioned. But fear not, we have ships at least as capable active in the fleet today. BTW, I always thoroughly enjoyed our interactions with the RCN...what great folks they were when we visited Esquimalt and on other occasions. Rick

Just kidding around gang ;)

Mind you!! we over here would last about 1 minute if it wasnt for you guys..

Have a good holiday eh!!

Loon

...we over here would last about 1 minute if it wasnt for you guys...

Not so, my friend in the great white north. In fact, in terms of percentage of total population, Canada lost a higher proportion in WWII than did the US. She (Canada) has never hesitated to leap into the fray with everything she's got and fight tenaciously for freedom alongside her allies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Not gonna argue man.. The freaking world is going down the toilet really fast but i was just hoping we had some backup ;)

Terry

Couldn't ask for better neighbors, eh!

Not gonna argue man.. The freaking world is going down the toilet really fast but i was just hoping we had some backup ;)

Terry

We got your back Bro. We got your back. Keep that NORAD operation up there in good shape and those Canadian F-18s fueled up.

Wanted to post a pic of some of the eighty trucks and two hundred workers from Hydro One in Canada that have been here in this heat all week helping get peoples' power back on. They got the call on Sunday, Canada Day. Dropped their plans, kissed the family goodbye and hit the highway.

Thanks!

Botsford_friday_ftmyer0003_1341577981.jpg

Wow, eh? Thanks indeed!

Reactions: PapaDave
IIRC it was Candian Special Forces gents who were first to scale the cliffs and take out artillery installations during invasion of Normandy setting the stage for the rest of the beach landings. Bravo to Canada! We also thank you for your bacon, and ice hockey.

For some reason I think MacGyver was set in Canada as well....if that's true, that might be the best thing any country could give.

Status
Not open for further replies.