Thanks Snowy Rivers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Widgeonmangh

Dec 6, 2011
Gig Harbor
Just a thank you shouted out to Snowy Rivers for her great thread on rewiring a Whittfield. I have a friend who is an electrician help me out and we were able to rewire the thing and get rid of the faulty control board and spent less than $100 doing it, vs the ridiculous price to rebuild or buy a new one.

In fact my electrician friend only had to by a timer and variable speed control switch, all the other things he had around his workshop. Almost everything on the stove now can be replaced for under $100 so I can just keep this thing going for a very long time without all the drama of some chip going south.

It runs like a champ and in fact uses less pellets and burns better because I am able to adjust the on/off times of the auger and have it dialed-in perfectly.

Now to try hazelnut shells next!

Thanks again!

smoke show said:
We'll keep her around for a while.

You on the other hand! Hmmm! hehe jk~jk! :cheese: Am I pushing my luck yet? ;-)

Will keep snowy for as long as she wants us! She fits right in here. Something about being nuts! Err um I mean burning nuts! oops! hehe jk~jk! :cheese:

Widgeonmangh said:
.....Now to try hazelnut shells next!.....

Better watch out....Snowy is pretty protective of her source for cheap heat. :grrr:

I thought rivers were wet... or frozen!

There are some people inside the beltway who could learn a thing or two from Snowy's ways of solving problems. she is a no nonsense problem solver. She gets my vote of confidence!

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:

Will keep snowy for as long as she wants us! She fits right in here. Something about being nuts! Err um I mean burning nuts! oops! hehe jk~jk! :cheese:

Did you forget your medication today? hehe nk~nk! :cheese:

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:

No meds needed! All natural here. We'll I'll add one too many brews and falling of the stool. Landed on head and a bit dizzy could have added to this! ;-)

Whats your excuse? :cheese:

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:

No meds needed! All natural here. We'll I'll add one too many brews and falling of the stool. Landed on head and a bit dizzy could have added to this! ;-)

Whats your excuse? :cheese:

Hanging around here too long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.