Thanks to All and a pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmieguns

Dec 10, 2012
Long Island, NY
Here is my new Englander-- slated for installation tomorrow--sun 1/13/2013 newpelletstove.jpg

Lookin good....keep us up to date.

Helli-- So I am UP and RUNNING! going for 6 hours--nice n toasty in MOST (almost all) parts of the house---only PROBLEM or question so far is WHY the cloudiiness on my glass already? i can still see thru but not like when i fired it up! this happens in my wood stove if i use bad wood(creosote). My pellets are stored inside but it IS humid in here a bit... THOUGHTS? Thanks

pellet stove glass clouds up much faster as the amount of air that comes through is also greater .

some clean there glass daily.I just let it go about 2-4 weeks

pellet stove glass clouds up much faster as the amount of air that comes through is also greater .

some clean there glass daily.I just let it go about 2-4 weeks

SO , there is nothing "wrong" with what i described? it only the 1st use. hmm...if so, ok i can deal with it.

What do you use to clean it? on my Vermont wood glass i just use newspaper.

Thanks

Yeah. Water and paper towel or newspaper. Add a little ash for stubborn stains.

No worries on cloudy glass. This is after about a ton. I finally cleaned it :)
2012-12-19_17-17-25_105.jpg

Yeah. Water and paper towel or newspaper. Add a little ash for stubborn stains.

No worries on cloudy glass. This is after about a ton. I finally cleaned it :)
View attachment 89372

I like the buckets of pellets idea next to stove! gonna copy you ! :)

Yeah. The Classic Bay kicks some heat. Down till around 10° outside, I only run on Low heat setting and keeps 2,180 sq ft around 72°-74°… On season 5 and LOVE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.