thanks to all the info new echo for the old one...wow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie

Jan 18, 2009
New Paris, Indiana
after reading on this site and the arborsite, i narrowed my search down between two saws the 455 rancher and the echo 670, i've been using my ol cs500vl. so in my search for echos i ran across a recall from 1985 for the 500vl stating that you should take it into the dealership and have them check the serial numbers and if they matched the recall that they would give you a new saw that was the same as the 500. and low and behold mine was and the dealer new that i was looking at the 670 so he suggested that i just pay the difference between the two saws so thats what i did and wow walked out with a 67cc echo for $150 bucks...and i know that everyone kicks the echos around but wow it really cuts good with the 24" but i put a 20" bar on there and man will that thing rip through anything. next is the muffler mod. as soon as its broke in. Just wanted to drop a line to you guys and say thanks for the help and this and the arborsite as well without you guys i'd still be usin the pooche 500vl.... %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.