Thanks to all who responded..just ordered the Jotul 550 Rockland

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockreid

May 7, 2008
Stamford, CT
My choice was tough between the Olympic and the Jotul Rockland, but my wife's preference for the looks of the Jotul won out- not that the Olympic is ugly, but she liked the flat appearance as opposed to the Olympic sticking out 2 or 3 inches. The Olympic's operating specs are a bit better, but upon reading some suggestions here I figure it still won't be enough to heat the whole 2700sf house ..... so, depending on how I can deal with my first wood burning insert this coming winter, I may install another smaller insert in the fireplace on the other side of the house, or even a stove upstairs in the master suite. Speaking of which, my wife loved the look of the Jotul white ceramic-finish stove she saw in the store last weekend.

The install should happen in the next week or two (the installer is quite busy right now).
Once again, thanks for the input and valuable info I discovered while searching these forums.

Be sure to come back in the Fall when you start burning to share your tricks with us!

Your wait time is nothing to others who had to wait months for their installs due to back orders. Lucky lucky.

You might want to do the curing fires now while it is warm so you can have all of your windows open. It is quite a stinky process...

Enjoy :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.