Thanks to forum members !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

As many of you now we had a rather large firewood theft in recent months. We where overloaded with firewood offers and even a few other types of offers. We can't say thank you enough to all of you ! Dennis started a thread to offer us firewood so first thank you Dennis you are a good friend ! Then we where swamped with email and pm offers which I mostly turned down ! My reason is simple I do not wish to take some one else's css labor without repaying them ! I understand the amount of sweat and love that goes into your piles. Well tonight Amature Cutter and I talked on the phone and he told me of member of his church who has had major surgery and he is getting a cutting group together to cut 6 cord for his friend who had surgery. He told me that he could load up a couple trailers of firewood for me if I helped with the firewood cutting for his friend. To be honest for something like that I would have done it for free but we need the firewood thanks to a theif ! So this provided my concience with an excuse lol ! I can't thank all of you enough for your offers and help it just goes to show how good people can be and are. So thank you all very much !

Pete

Pete,
Sounds like a good deal for you and that it will also set well with your way of thinking. Rest assured that you will NOT be short of fuel this winter. You have made many friends here, myself included. Who knows which one of us will need a helping hand some day. And as for the person(s) that took your hard earned firewood their "Judgement Day" will come soon enough!
Take care,
Tim

Given your original post, I'd give you a deal...
Come out, coach the boys for the day 'bout moving through that cut pile. Bring us lunch, refreshments, and break time snacks, yell at me when we need a break. I'll send you home with 3/4 of the day's progress. They need another "big guy" around for humor, and light hearted ambition... and Sage Advice.

You get a boat load of wood, I get some help schooling the boys, the boys get an inspiration from somebody that loves stoking the stove as much as I.

I have a lot of assets, you may go home with a couple year's worth of wood and you may come back to throw the ball and sit around the barbecue.

Sounds like there is a silver lining in this proverbial cloud with a win-win solution for everyone but the thief . . . and sooner or later karma will catch up to him.

A win for you: wood, meeting Amateur Cutter and helping out another less fortunate person which just plain feels good.

A win for Amateur Cutter: meeting you, another person to help with the workload

A win for the church member: getting more help with the wood

So maybe this is actually a win-win-win situation.

firewood thief?
he'll burn his house down with stolen firewood.
or get a hernia moving it. :cool:

glad its working out for all concerned pete

The thief is most likley the kind of low life who would key a car. At least some of the good people here were able to help you out of a bad spot. FWIW, if it had happened to me I would be putting a game camera or two near my wood and try to catch the bastard. I wish I was close enough to help.

+1 for onetracker

Pete is one really nice guy and he has invited me to also go on the wood cutting day. If able, I probably will but not sure how much help I'll be. Well, I could take a camera along....

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Pete is one really nice guy and he has invited me to also go on the wood cutting day. If able, I probably will but not sure how much help I'll be. Well, I could take a camera along....

Do it up Sav. Could be theraputic!

I'm really glad to hear you're all set for the heating season Pete! It's really good to hear that a bad situation brings out the good in people and that's comforting. You start to lose faith in humanity when your luck goes south but what comes around goes around and I'm sure things worked out for you because you're a good person. I belong to A LOT of different forums and this one definitely has a different feel, most members here have a bond and it's evident with stories like yours Pete.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage

I suspect just having you around for your company and wisdom would be sincerely appreciated Dennis.

Reactions: dylskee
Status
Not open for further replies.